He closes his door behind him. He opens his laptop and waits for a text from Aiden that says that he got home safely.

After a while, he still didn't get one. He even skipped dinner to wait. He yawns and looks at the chat another time.

Hello?
Did you get home safely?
Is that a no or a yes?
Because you are not responding. I am actually worried.
I loved to bully you.
Just kidding.

When are you gonna respond?

Did you even get
home?

Hello?
Why aren't you responding, Aiden?
Did something happen?

HELLO?? ITS BEEN SIX
FUCKING HOURS. dont pull that shit on me.

Respond or I will put a gun in your ass and push it deep. And then shoot. No I am just kidding that is disgusting. Uhm.

Aiden??

Aiden

Aiden.

Aiden?

AIDEN.
I regret asking to be friends with you honestly.
That was a lie. I'm sorry.
PLEASE RESPOND.
or I will beat the shit out of you tommorow.

Aiden.

Aiden
Aiden

Aiden

Aiden

Aiden?

Aiden.

AIDEN RESPOND.
OR I WILL TRACK
YOUR LOCATION.
IM SERIOUSLY DOING IT.

FUCK YOU. I can't find your location. Please respond.

Aiden.
I'm genuinely worried now. It's been more than 10 hours and school starts in a few hours. I haven't slept or eaten because of you. Bitch.
Fuck you.

Keep in mind that I'm going to sleep now, and that if you respond then that that's just your luck.

Bye.

Just kidding.

I've been waiting for more than 12 hours now. This is ridiculous. My whole ass hurts and shit. I am gonna sleep.
I hope you get the change to.

Ethan groans and closes the laptop. He changes into his pyjamas and puts his glasses off. He gets in his bed and lays at the exact same spot Aiden had laid in just less than a day ago. He sighs and looks at the ceiling.

Has he just failed to save someone from something? He didn't know. He closes his eyes.
But he can't fall asleep.
He rubs his eyes. He looks at the wall.

He thinks about Aiden. That asshole. Thinks it's funny to scare and worry him like that. He groans and his eyes start to water. There's no way he was crying over this right now. He dries his eyes and buries his face in his pillow. His breath hot on his face.

He closes his eyes and eventually falls asleep.