XXXVIII- Assassins of the Government

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Y/N) and Chopper were telling Luffy, Nami, and Zoro what had happened during their encounter with Robin.

She had gotten away so Sanji had told them to go and find the others and tell them what Robin had said while he continued to search.

Luffy: <angry> She really said that?! Robin actually said that?!

Chopper nodded while (Y/N) crossed his arms and didn't say anything.

Zoro: We should've been ready for this. Regardless of the circumstances, Robin first showed up as an enemy, and we let her on the ship. If she's suddenly frightened by that and run off, then I'm not gonna feel right about it. Isn't it time we settled this? Is she an enemy or a friend?

(Y/N): "Things will only get worse from here on out. After today, we'll never meet again."

Zoro: Did Robin really say that?

(Y/N) and Chopper both nodded.

Zoro: That probably means she's going to do something today that will make matters even worse. That's how it sounds to me. The city's already in an uproar over the failed attempt on the mayor's life. If someone were to make the situation worse, there's only one way to do it.

Nami: This time to actually kill the mayor.

Zoro: That would be the natural thing to think. But now that we know she's trying to pin the crime on us, this might be a trap to lure us to the site. If they carry out the assassination tonight, and we're spotted at the scene, that'll make it easier to lay the crime on us.

Nami: Hang on! When you say it like that, you're assuming Robin's the enemy!

Zoro: We're talking about possibilities here. I'm not leaning either way. Do we believe her? Do we doubt her? If we start leaning one way, and the truth turns out to be the other, we won't be prepared. If they're going to do it, they'll do it tonight. Do we go to the site?

Luffy: We go.

(Y/N): I might be looking for any other way to clear her of blame, but Sanji did say that he said a masked person that wasn't one of us was walking with Robin.

Nami: Oh, Mayor Iceberg said the same thing.

(Y/N): Then that person might be behind this sudden change in Robin.

Chopper: You think he's making her do something bad?!

Zoro: That's the best case scenario. If the guy and Robin are actual comrades, it's the worse case scenario.

Nami: The masked person could be anyone. Then what's our objective?

Luffy: To catch Robin!! We won't figure out anything until then. You're right. Just sitting here thinking is a waste of time.

Zoro: But, come to think of it, the World Government has been trying to catch her for 20 years, and they still haven't.

Nami: But if we want to know the truth, that's the only thing we can do.

Chopper: All right! I'll do my best too!

(Y/N): Damn it, Robin. What the hell's going on with you?

Luffy: All right, let's go.

...

It was getting dark out. The five Straw Hats sat on a nearby tree a few ways away from the mansion where Iceberg was.