LXXIV- Escaping the War

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Luffy and the Whitebeard Pirates were all wailing and sobbing at Ace's death.

Ivankov: Straw Hat-boy!! <thinking> This is bad! His mind's completely crushed! He could die!!

Akainu broke through his attackers and raced towards Luffy, ready to kill him.

Akainu: You're next, Straw Hat!!

Cyrene summoned her devil's silhouette and blocked his attack.

Cyrene: You're not getting anywhere near him!!

Akainu: You're all the same!! People who should never have been born!!

(Y/N): Cyrene... I can't get it out of my head... I can't...

Cyrene: I used my devil's powers to stop your devil from taking over your body, but I can't completely drown out its influence... You have to do it yourself!

(Y/N) grit his teeth and shook his head frantically, but the devil's jeers and whispering wouldn't disappear.

The (H/C) haired male glanced at his captain's agony and torment, and he came to a realization.

(Y/N): I have to protect my captain!!

He stood up and grabbed Luffy, throwing him over his shoulder. He started hurrying away.

Cyrene: <smirking> Good, (Y/N). Good.

Marco dove over Cyrene and attacked Akainu.

Marco: Go with them, Cyrene and Jimbei!! I handle this!!

Cyrene and Jimbei started running after (Y/N).

Marco: We have to protect him for Ace!! If you let him die, you'll bring shame to the Whitebeard Pirates!!

As (Y/N) was running, his wounds began to hurt and bleed and sting. He cried out in pain, but pushed through it.

Jimbei: (Y/N), give Luffy to me!! You're hurt!!

(Y/N): You have to promise to protect him!! He can't die!!

Jimbei: And he won't!! I'll die before he does!!

(Y/N) tossed Luffy to Jimbei, who caught him.

Cyrene's devil silhouette picked up (Y/N).

Cyrene: You are a strong man, (Y/N). Nearly everyone else under all of the pressure you suffered would have cracked.

(Y/N): My captain was in agony. How could I not help him?

Cyrene: Hmph. If anyone could find a way to remove the devil within you, it would be you.

Akainu growled, pissed off.

Akainu: I told you I wouldn't let you two brothers or the two devil hosts escape! Did you forget that?!

Whitebeard appeared behind the admiral and punched him into the ground with a tremor. Akainu cried out in pain.

Pirates: P-Pops is really mad! Don't go near him!!

Akainu: Hellhound!!

He punched Whitebeard in the face with a lava fist, taking off half of it. His subordinates screeched, scared.

Whitebeard retailiated by punching Akainu in the chest with a tremor, causing a huge fissure to open in the ground, and destroying some of Marineford's building too.