Chapter - 83

Recap: Anika return home and wait for Ishwar

******************

Ishwar sat on the floor watching Anika sleep. He couldn't avert his gaze from her and pecked her forehead gently without disturbing her sleep. He tuck the strand of hair that was disturbing her beautiful sleep and a smile appeared on his face when he saw her smile to his touch. Early in the morning he got ready and left the room not before placing a kiss on her cheek.

Morning Anika woke up and saw the sun rays falling over her face and got up immediately. She saw the time was 10 in the morning and got down from the bed and searched for Ishwar in the room, washroom and balcony. When he was not there she quickly reached the living and saw Nancy all ready for office along with Jerry.

Nancy smiled at her and hugged her but stopped on seeing her worried face.

Nan: what happened Ana, why are you worried ?

Ani: Ishwar...he didn't come at night...Did you see him ?

Jer: What??? We thought he has returned. Infact we did not knock on your room thinking you both would be spending time together.

Ani: I waited for him but I don't know when I slept and I just woke up. He is not in the room.

Jerry called the security and got to know that Ishwar returned home last night and left early in the morning. Hearing the information Anika cried hugging Nancy.

Ani: Is he avoiding me Nanu ? Is he angry on me for leaving him ? Is he not happy for my return ?

Nan: Ana, stop overthinking. He would be the first person to be happy on seeing you back. 

Jer: Ana, I told you already give him some time. He will sure come to you and explain everything. He is working on something and that involves you for sure. But doon't ask me about it. I m not the right person to explain you that. You do trust him and his love right ?

Ani: I trust him more than I trust myself. I love him that I can't even think of a moment without him.

Nan: Then stop crying and give him some time and also be prepared to accept everything he does for you. If you have any problem then be ready to question him. You have all rights to pull his ear to listen to you. Only you have rights on him.

Jer: Nancy stay home with Anika. I will go to office and check on boss.

Ani: shall I come to office ?

Jer: No Ana, not today. Just relax and wait for him.

Ishwar placed the chocolates on Anika's desk and sat in his seat remembering her face from the morning.

Ish: My baby has become so weak in a few days. Don't worry once I fix everything then I will get your old self back. She must be awake by this time.

He took out his mobile and checked if she left any messages for him and felt disappointed. When Jerry arrived at office Ishwar was in a meeting and waited for it to get over. Ishwar entered his room after the meeting and Jerry followed him.

Ishwar knew the reason behind Jerry's presence still stayed quite and waited for him to start the conversation. Jerry cleared his throat and sat opposite to him.

Jer: Can I speak to my friend Ishwar for sometime ?

Ish: I was always but it was you who saw me as your boss always. Now tell me what my friend wants to speak after so many years ?

Jer: why did you not speak to Anika. We all know she is not at fault on whatever happened. Infact she had every right to leave you even after knowing the truth. At the same time we knew she would definitely come back once her anger subsides. Now she is here and is ready to fix everything, why can't you talk to her ? It was suppose to be you the one who has to apologoze her and fix things but you are doing the opposite and making her cry again. I know you are doing something this time even I m not completely aware of your actions recently. What are you up to?