Chapter - 105

Recap: Ishwar and Anika have their time sharing the joy of pregnancy

****************

Ishwar and Anika were sleeping cuddling in their room. He got up startled when Anika ripped away from his embrace and rushed to the washroom. He ran behind her and held her hair as she puked and sat on the floor. He carried her to the sink and washed her face and gave water to gargle her mouth.

He helped her wash her hair and body and wrapped a towel around her body. He made her sit on the couch in the closet and searched through her wardrobe and picked a top and skirt with inners. 

Ani: Give me some shirt and tracks please....yours ..I want yours..

Ish: Sure but now we need to head to the hospital and they will need to remove your bottom and you will feel comfortable in skirt. Once we are back I will get you changed into my hoodie and tracks too.. 

He pecked her cheeks and they reached the dining. He served light breakfast which would not provoke her nausea and Nancy packed some juices and water for them to carry to the hospital.

Ishwar drove himself to the hospital and they wore mask to avoid public disturbances. Since he had already informed the dean about his arrival the next day, the dean had made sure that the gynaecologist had no appointments at that time and he took Ishwar and Anika directly to the gynaecologist room.

Dean left them to have a private conversation with the doctor and Ishwar held Anika's hand as the doctor started her interrogation. Ishwar was all ears to hear everything which he won't be bored anytime in his life.

Doc: When was your last period Mrs. Ishwar ?

Ani: It was two months back... I haven't noticed but recently I felt weird cravings and mood swings so I consulted a doctor in a different hospital and she confirmed I m pregnant.

Doc: Did she prescibe you any tablets ?

Ani: Yeah, she said I m weak and prescribed some multivitamins and folic acid tablets...

Doc: How is your morning sickness ?

Ani: Oh, that is terrible...I couldn't eat anything and it feels better to be hungry rather eating and puking all time...I feel very lazy and all I do is sleep most of the time...how long will this morning sickness exist ?

Doctor smiled at her words and checked her BP and breathing.

Doc: morning sickness is common in all pregnant women but the duration varies. some usually feel them only for the first three months, some for five months, rarely some have them through out the pregnancy. But don't you worry I will give you tablets which you can use only when you feel the sickness is worsening. 

Onhearing the last period date the doctor checked the due delivery date from the calender.

Doc: According to your last period date you are almost three months now. Lets do a scan and check the growth of the baby but your bladder need to be full to carry out the scan. I suggest you stay and have lot of water or juice even tender coconuts which will fill your bladder then we can do the scan. In the meanwhile I will inform the technician from the lab to perform the blood test.

Ish: Why do you need blood test ? 

Doc: Sir, its done usually to check the count of haemoglobin and as well the sugar level. Usually few women will have raise in sugar level during prenancy and that will not be good during labor so its better we monitor everything from intial stage.

Ish: Is there anyore test that should be done ?

Doc: Yes, we do thyroid test and that has to be done on empty stomach so we will do that in the next check up and make sure you bring her empty stomach. We will withdraw blood to test it. Now you can give her some liquids to get her ready for the scan.