Chapter 3

***

She couldn’t forget the memories of that day.

It was wondrous to find out which part of the temple had a hole where a single person could escape through, where a dark robe could be found to hide her appearance, and the reason why the escorts who were always attached to her suddenly became friendly. Then, everything that flowed like water was just so strange…

The Crown Prince, who had changed his dark black hair to the more common brown in some way, quickly changed his attitude and acted like a commoner.

Her heart was pounding again as he took off his splendid clothing and became like an ordinary young man from the village.

As she went outside, Jiwoo felt refreshed. As an ordinary person, not Akarna, she escaped the stuffy temple for the first time.

When the Crown Prince went into the bar without hesitation and ordered a grilled sausage and dark-colored beer, it frankly brought tears to her eyes.

In the temple, she was forced to live a frugal life, so she was forced to eat a small amount of food, but she was originally a present-day human on Earth who had chicken delivered and drank beer on days when there were good things.

The meat was dripping in fat and the dark liquor tasted really good.

It has been a long time since she could describe the feeling of heavy chewy food with juices and a pungent scent going down her throat, which could only be described as exhilaration.

Jiwoo savored the food with an excited face, but she soon heard a light chuckle.

The crown prince rested his chin on his hand and smiled.

“I didn’t know our Akarna could drink so well.”

“Well… Is it okay to say something like that…?”

“What? Ah, the word Akarna? It’s okay. Akarna is not only a temple Akarna, but also a slang term for a lovely lover.”

The crown prince smiled as he reassured Jiwoo, who was looking around in surprise.

In addition, he has a face like a young man in the mountains, when he grumpily responds to the knights who say he’ll say all sorts of cheesy things when he comes to such a place.

Maybe it was because she was drunk after a while, Jiwoo’s heart raced even when he looked like that.

After that day, the times he went out with the crown prince increased more and more. This is because it was easier once the door was opened.

Besides that, this experience was much more effective in letting Jiwoo learn more words than teaching her the letters and words in a classroom setting.

She felt a lot better as she got along with the crown prince, and although the time he spent with him increased, there was no sign of opposition from the temple.

Sometimes, she went to the market and had fun.

While looking at cheap items, she also received a gift from the crown prince.

The necklace made of pure blue stones resembled the sky of that day. A clear sky without a single cloud.

It was like receiving a gift from the memories they had together on such a good day.

If she carries it with her, she may lose it or break it, so Jiwoo kept it hidden in her bedroom.

One day, she learned how to ride a horse instead of learning the language from the crown prince, and for the first time, she rushed through the grasslands of this country. It was scary at first, but she soon got used to it.