Chapter 62

There was a reason why she thought it was an illusion. Jiwoo stretched her trembling hand to Tevon’s face, and Tevon rubbed his cheek against Jiwoo’s hand like a puppy.

“H-How…? I thought the outer wall was destroyed…”

Unable to believe the feeling in her hand, Jiwoo jumped into his arms.

She rubbed her face against his chest, and she could feel the peculiar smell of the children of Elandos. The subtle scent of moss that can be smelled on wet trees after rain. It was definitely Tevon.

The beating of her heart intensified. Tevon held Jiwoo in his arms and turned around.

“Ah, Seo Jiwoo, why are you so pretty today?”

Jiwoo didn’t know how she looked.

She got up early in the morning, put on the clothes and jewelry someone had put on her.

Someone touched her face with a brush, too, but Jiwoo kept having no feelings, so it was just embarrassing. Besides, she must have cried a lot now, so even that makeup was smudged.

Tevon couldn’t stand it and kissed Jiwoo’s cheek and said dreamily.

“You’re like the incarnation of Elandos.”

It must be a high praise for those who regard Elandos as sacred.

Jiwoo, belatedly concerned about her face, touched her eyes with the back of her hand, but Tevon looked at her with honey dripping eyes.

“The other wall. The outer wall.”

Jiwoo trembled in demand for an explanation.

“It was necessary. We had to erase our tracks.”

Jiwoo was still puzzled, and while Tevon was excited, so Helkainis told her briefly.

“Seo Jiwoo, now we have decided to leave this continent. We have reached Caranazion in search of the possibility of curing Elandos. We have accomplished our goal, so we must return.”

“Then what about… this commotion? Did you guys make it?”

Hellkainis closed his eyes for a moment and was lost in thought.

In the meantime, the sound of bombing continued. People were busy screaming and running away, and those who initially asked the Akarna’s help were now too far away.

Leaving behind such a fuss and maintaining a calm expression, Helka seemed completely cut off from this world. It was all the more so because he was floating in the air using magic.

After a while, he seemed to find a way to explain the calculations in his head to Jiwoo.

“I learned that the people of Karbaaude are looking for a substitute. There were two possibilities. First, if you are protected by the Crown Prince, or if you, the only Akarna, are killed. If it’s the latter…”

“Anyway, we’re here to smash everything.”

Replacing Helkainis, who spoke longer because of his old age, Tevon spoke briefly.

“But it seems those like us have retreated.”

“Is that possible…?”

The people of the outer wall lived miserably without Akarna.

So, their development was slow, and they were despised by the imperial people. So, Jiwoo vaguely thought that they were barbarians living in an underdeveloped area.

There was a strong prejudice that persisted even after living with them for some time.

“Because there was no need for that in the meantime. We didn’t go to war with Caranazion. We came to find a way to cure Elandos. But…”