Chapter 18

Jiwoo stared at Lanceil, who seemed to be worried about her.

Looking at the red cheeks with a little bit of agitation, she felt the urge to pamper him that she was actually doing it because she wanted to die.

However, she didn’t want to cause such a conflict with the person she liked. Even more so for those who cared about this person.

She should weigh her life against this person who she met not long ago that they consider a very important person. That was quite childish.

“…Yes, I’m okay.”

Lanceil grabbed Jiwoo’s hands and stroked the back of her hand hard. Like someone who did not want to let go of her.

“Do you need anything else?”

“Ah… I think it would be helpful to have a sharp knife.”

Lanceil reflexively rummaged around his waist, but he had no dagger.

“Oh, here.”

Instead, Tevon, who was standing next to him, held out his dagger. Jiwoo grabbed the handle, and Tevon said in a cheerful voice.

“Oi, if Helka bites you again, stab him with this.”

“Tevon!”

Lanceil turned his head and glared at him.

But Tevon paid it no heed, lifted my shirt and showed his abdomen. Contrary to his appearance, which looked younger than the others, his tightly woven abdominal muscles were revealed. Touching the vital point of where the kidney was, he continued.

“Exactly here. Stab it. And kuak! turn the handle to the right.”

“Tevon!”

“Ah, what. Helka wants to die. If he dies today or tomorrow, dies like this or like that, what does it matter? Whether that old geezer is dead or not.”

Lanceil’s face turned red at his immature brother’s words. As Jiwoo gaped at him and couldn’t close her mouth, he grabbed his brother’s long ear.

He had long ears, so it was caught in one hand.

“U-ack!”

“When will you stop acting so childishly!”

“Aaacckk!”

She didn’t know about the children of Elandos, but that seemed like a very strong punishment. Lanceil looked back as he dragged Tevon relentlessly.[1]

He bowed his head slightly. Jiwoo raised her hand to greet him before entering the old tree.

* * *

As soon as she grabbed the entrance door and entered, a strong barrier surrounded the tree.

Callan said Helka was treated for an arrow wound and laid down on the bed. The old tree was taller and wider than any other decent apartment building, so she could just head to the bedroom without having to look around for a long time.

It was when she thought that the inside of the old tree was surprisingly bright.

“Oh, that scared me!”

She was so surprised that a Korean came out. Someone was standing tall in the spacious living room inside the old tree.

There was only one person who could be here. She just didn’t imagine that he would stand up like that.

“…Hel, Helka?”

She called him, but he didn’t move. He was just staring at Jiwoo with a subtle smile on his face. Jiwoo hesitated a little, then slowly approached him.