Chapter 50

As Jiwoo coughed several times the alcohol she couldn’t spit out, Enciertes laughed softly while wiping her face with a handkerchief.

“Was it that surprising?”

That kind of reaction was no more outrageous.

“…That’s how you propose, right?”

“That way…”

It was a negative reaction to anyone’s ears. Enciertes blushed and his ears tilt horizontally again. It seemed rather rare that his ears were upright.

“What’s the problem? First of all, I showed you my abilities, and I think our values match well…”

“Did you come to that conclusion because you thought it wouldn’t matter if you omitted all the traditions?”

As Jiwoo sighed, he shut his mouth, like something was embarrassing. Shortly thereafter, Enci spoke in a scathing tone, but in a low voice without confidence.

“What… what can I do?”

“A proposal is usually done on a day when the atmosphere between the people involved is good, and in my culture, it’s done by giving flowers or even a ring.”

“…A ring?”

“Yes, a wedding ring…”

Or an engagement ring. Jiwoo looked down at her hand as she trailed her words. There was nothing on her hand.

After becoming lovers with the crown prince, there was a time when she thought that she would marry him.

However, the crown prince gave an engagement ring to another woman.

Underneath the bright lights of a banquet hall, their hands glistened with large jewels as they danced together.

Suddenly, a white glove came into her view.

“Ah…”

Enciertes took her hand. Enci didn’t seem to notice that she was surprised.

He measured the size of the ring by carefully fiddling with her finger.

Wearing clean gloves, it seemed that the hands he was carefully touching were treated as the most precious thing in the world.

Looking at the serious eyes, sharp nose, and long eyelashes, her face heated up for no reason.

“Is there a set type of jewelry? Or, what is your favorite type of jewelry?”

“I don’t know much about the names of jewels.”

Enci didn’t even look her way and fell into deep thought. What was the big concern he was having?

“Right… This will take at least… an hour.”

“…….”

She didn’t mean that she wanted the ring right now.

When he started fiddling with something on the table, Jiwoo snuck out of the lab.

* * *

Jiwoo hurriedly walked, fearing that someone else would talk to her. She went to her residence in this place.

She thought for sure that if they set the mood and proposed again, she would accept it. Because of Enci, that momentum somehow deflated.

For some reason, she thought of going back and resting as she was getting depressed because she had thought of the crown prince.

However, Jiwoo was not a quick walker. Callandein and Lanceil saw her from afar and came running.

“Seo Jiwoo, we just happened to see you. Do you want to go see a nearby lake?”