Chapter 68

A dress with exposed shoulders with a material that was attached rather than woven. A white see-through mesh inside was decorated with leaf-shaped fabrics along the shoulder and necklines.

Sliding a finger over each pattern, Tevon kissed them.

She didn’t know if he was taking it off with his hands or with his mouth.

It seemed like he was tickling her rather than taking it off, so Jiwoo laughed a little.

My bride. They said they got jealous, too. If so, wouldn’t there be a desire for exclusivity that everyone has?

Tevon parted his lips for a moment and looked at her. So Jiwoo asked him.

“Wouldn’t it be difficult for several people to marry one person?”

“…Why?”

“From what I know, marriage is only for two people.”

“Really?”

Tevon sighed softly as he slowed down his undressing hand a little.

“When I went there, it didn’t seem like that.”

Well, it’s as he said. In fact, only women were forced to be loyal to one person even in the Empire.

Because the Crown Prince also didn’t want to let go of Jiwoo while marrying another woman.

“Aren’t you getting married to be happy?”

“Um… I don’t know.”

Why do people get married?

Arranged marriages were common in the Empire. Even the Crown Prince said he loved Jiwoo yet at the same time trying to make a political union with another woman.

Thinking about it, most of the unions were made that way. In the form of a big event that connects two families, not just two people.

“I heard it wasn’t very good when you two were together.”

The fruit of a relationship that people talk about as beautiful is actually more praised because such cases are rare.

The kind of relationship that Jiwoo also dreamed of someday, and that she thought she could achieve. However, at some point, she had become skeptical of marriage itself.

His languid hand finally ripped the mesh off her shoulder. His fingers were very hot as they touched her exposed bare skin.

Tevon continued leisurely.

“If one person wants to be happy, one person has to sacrifice, so if there is a difference, there is no way to get it back… Then the amount of happiness allotted to you two must have been small in the first place.”

“Is that how it works?”

Jiwoo laughed at the absurd logic. Seeing that Tevon was also laughing, he seemed to be saying anything as well.

“We’re different. There’s thirty of us. You’ll be happier. If the amount of happiness allocated to one person is constant, it doesn’t matter if there are more people.”

In the end, he said that it was simply a matter that was pushed by numbers.

“Is that so?”

“Yes.”

“It sounds like sophistry.”

“Yes. It is nonsense.”

Even as he said that, Tevon smiled brightly at Jiwoo, who seemed to be in a much better mood.