Chapter 60

“…That could be intentionally blocked?”

Whenever an Akarna touched a person, their wounds would slowly be healed.

When blood was fed or applied to others, wounds healed more quickly and the severed body was regenerated.

An Akarna was not affected by the miasma, and the miasma was automatically purified whenever she’d go to the land where the miasma resided. As if that energy was avoiding the Akarna.

It was because the power of purification resided in an Akarna, and it spread around an Akarna’s body.

However, originally, an Akarna’s power was the expression of will. It was absurd that the power awakened from a strong will did not move according to the will of the owner of the power.

“Yes…”

The High Priest looked at the Crown Prince and sighed as if he had given up.

“Because it’s your strength in the first place.”

“The reason I can’t do that is because you broke me.”

“No, Akarna.”

How much did the temple and the empire conceal and monopolize this information? How many benefits have they enjoyed using it? As the Empire grew stronger, the situation of the outer wall with other countries without an Akarna became more miserable.

“Explain further.”

“…Yes.”

As the Crown Prince spoke gloomily, the High Priest raised both hands in surrender.

“I knew you were from another dimension, another world. We summoned you to be that way… But we didn’t break you. It’s just… Huu.”

The high priest chose his words over and over again, showing that he really didn’t want to talk about this.

Then, when the Crown Prince placed his hand on his waist to draw his sword again, the High Priest said urgently.

“It is a natural phenomenon for dimensions to collide with one another. Originally, when a living being gets stuck in a huge gap between dimensions, it is normal to be torn to pieces. Since you were artificially created, you don’t realize your power. You have to overcome that place alone to become a complete Akarna.”

Up to that point, Jiwoo had also heard from the alchemist.

“And if they’re not human, they’re a monster.”

“…I beg your pardon?”

Not only Jiwoo, but also the Crown Prince who was listening from the side were surprised.

If a human endures its enormous power, it becomes an Akarna, and if it is not a human, it becomes a beast.

“In the simplest terms, an Akarna is a being who removes any phenomena they deem to be a threat. Injury, disease, aging… There are many, many examples.”

“…Then the beast? What about the beast? The beast is not the same, right?”

“That’s because humans are a threat to the beasts. Akarna… thinks we’re on their side because we’re human. Because we’re human, we can inherit that privilege.”

On her side? Are they on her side? The Temple and the Empire, all that trash is on her side? Biting her lip, she barely spoke.

“I don’t think I want to spare people like you.”

“Ah… that’s why we’re educating them from the beginning. Assigning roles in the temple, duty for the world, step by step…”

“You guys even took advantage of the Akarna’s escape, didn’t you?”