Chapter 56

Love. Love, he said.

The days when she was hanging on to it seemed distant. Why did she feel that it was laughable only now, whenever he’d speak of love?

“Your Highness, I don’t have the confidence to look at someone who doesn’t love me anymore. I’m exhausted.”

“What do you mean by that? Akarna, I love you. There has never been a moment that I didn’t love you.”

“It’s all lies.”

All he needed was the Akarna from the temple.

“I’m not lying. I’m sincere!”

“How can I believe that!”

It felt like someone was clamping her neck. This stuffy mansion, the Crown Prince who imprisoned her and forced her to bid his will, and the name ‘Akarna’ that was binding her… It was terribly holding onto her breath and she was sick of it.

Jiwoo gasped as if she was having trouble breathing. When she finally caught her breath, the tears she had been holding back came out together.

“You needed a useful tool, I was just an obedient servant who listened to you…! A prostitute to sleep with you whenever you want to!”

“No, don’t say such a thing!”

The Crown Prince kept denying her words, Jiwoo screamed in a fit.

“I told you I didn’t want it! The position of Crown Princess or anything else!”

Jiwoo withdrew her hand from the Crown Prince. Then, she picked up the ring box he was holding and threw it away.

Slam, roll—

The ring box fell to the floor and the ring inside protruded out. The large jewel shone brilliantly even in the dim lighting of the bedroom.

She only screamed a few times, but she was already tired of it. Jiwoo turned her head away from the Crown Prince and gasped for breath. In this world, because the Crown Prince was holding her neck, she couldn’t breathe properly.

The Crown Prince raised himself. Yes. It must have hurt that man’s pride. He should have just gone out now.

It felt like she could calm herself if she didn’t see his face. In the past, he only showed his face when he wanted to, but why was he doing this now?

However, the Crown Prince, who she thought would leave the bedroom, picked up the ring box and held her hand again.

“I’m sorry.”

She couldn’t breathe.

“It’s my fault.”

Why now?

“I love you, Akarna.”

Why the hell are you doing this now?

It was true that she had loved him. However, there was no way that the love that was once shunned would last forever.

She didn’t know what kind of feelings she had left for him now. Whatever was clogging up her chest couldn’t be relieved even when she got angry and yelled.

The Crown Prince who held her hand was also trembling.

“I didn’t turn away from your love. I… I was short-sighted, stupid, and I got conceited when I saw you risk everything just for me. Like a fool, I realized it only when I almost lost you. It’s my fault. But there was never a time that I did not love with you. You can blame me. But please don’t deny that.”