Chapter 55

It was as the Crown Prince had said.

Jiwoo was not guided to the temple, but to a mansion somewhere in the imperial capital.

She didn’t know where. She didn’t even know much about the imperial capital.

Jiwoo tried to run out right away that day, but security was tight. There were more knights watching over her than servants in the mansion.

It was no different from life of confinement. However, they all treated Jiwoo with respect and served her with great care. Good food was served on time, and the servants created an environment where there was nothing uncomfortable about life in the mansion despite their tight lips.

She just couldn’t get out of here. Oddly enough, Jiwoo stared at the scene through the window with an expressionless face all day long.

The Crown Prince seemed to be very busy after bringing Jiwoo here.

He will have government affairs to deal with on a daily basis as well. Including the temple and other things to do, even to make sure to do what he had told her before.

She held no expectations for the Crown Prince. But that’s why she was surprised when she came across this situation.

“Akarna, you have black hair like the deep night, so you would look great with a white dress and anything.”

“The waist is also thin, so you can pull off any design!”

The women surrounding Jiwoo were chattering. They were not simply seamstresses hired by the Crown Prince. They were the owners of the most luxurious and expensive boutiques in the imperial capital, which led the nobles fashion. There were even nobles among the trainees.

They surrounded Jiwoo and measured her body. Jiwoo, who had never encountered such people in her life, naturally stiffened in front of them.

Whether it was an engagement or a wedding, she would be the Crown Princess, so she had to tailor at least a few dresses.

In the meantime, Jiwoo had worn only a few sets of an Akarna’s robes prepared at the temple, so she was used to those instead.

While quietly giving herself over to them, Jiwoo fell into other thoughts.

‘Why should I be doing this?’

It was like playing house. Jiwoo was a doll for the doll play they wanted to do. She was caught up in a needlessly large-scale prank.

No matter how, Jiwoo did not look like a new bride who was about to get married.

It didn’t matter how good the fabric or silk, didn’t matter what kinds of designs she’d have of the new dresses in vogue, didn’t matter how much jewelry she had.

She was wholly uninterested.

Although she frowned in some ways, she didn’t even complain.

She was rather accustomed to nobles with a dirty personality currying favor, so Jiwoo was particularly taken aback.

“Ah, aren’t you interested? It’s natural. No matter what you wear that day, it will be fashionable.”

“Akarna, they say that before marriage, you get depressed for no reason. But you can’t be like this on that day when you need to change your mood. Just take a look at it.”

Out of necessity, Jiwoo received the catalogue from the head of the boutique.

Right. What sins are these people guilty of? This person must be doing this to make a living.