Chapter 64

It was the wedding of the noblest person in the empire. And so, there gathered not only the nobles, but also the heads of nations. Even if it wasn’t as large-scale as it could have been, the status of those who would gather in that place could not be changed.

Due to the nature of the Akarna, who had no family or acquaintances, she was able to wait without meeting anyone, but that wasn’t the case for the Crown Prince.

Moreover, there were many people who worked hard together to make this wedding ceremony with a somewhat unreasonable schedule.

Since the Crown Prince achieved this position by establishing numerous majors, the people he deserved to invite to his wedding were also comrades who traveled to and from the battlefield together with him.

So when the bombing started, they judged the situation more quickly.

When responding to the surprise attack, protection was given priority over counterattack. This was especially true in places where the majority of people were of noble blood.

Boom. Boom! When they heard the loud bombings, the people who were confused at first quickly began to evacuate calmly, relying on the Crown Prince.

Among other things, this was the temple where the Akarna was. All the people gathered there today did not feel a great sense of danger while evacuating due to her presence.

There was one more reason.

“Your Highness, I think this just seems like a big fuss?”

“…I see.”

Although the bombs were pouring down heavily, it seemed to have no purpose in mass killing, only to cause panic.

Thinking there would be casualties from sneaking assassins, he pulled out his sword and ran, but there was nothing to use it against.

There was one more strange thing.

If the people of the Outer Wall were to attack this place, it would turn the entire Empire against them in the future, as well as turn other countries involved into their enemies.
From the Crown Prince’s point of view, who had driven the green-gold village that had already hidden Akarna to the brink of destruction, he did not see any reason for them to take such a loss and invade this place.

“It would be better for Your Highness to leave this to us and return to the Akarna’s side.”

“…Yes.”

The Crown Prince nodded and tried to sheath his sword, but he suddenly noticed something strange.

Among them, there was only one group of people whose complexion turned pale and looked for a way to run away.

The Archbishop.

The High Priest.

The priests…

The Crown Prince, who had been calmly searching for and leading the way to escape, gritted his teeth.

Rather than grasping the situation, a sinking feeling arrested him out of nowhere.
Something snapped inside the Crown Prince’s head, who at least maintained his rationality.
What qualifications do they have to find a safe place? They tamed strangers who don’t know anything and send them to death, using them as they please. Fooling everyone in the world and filling their own interests!

How could they still think of their own comfort after all of that has been exposed?

Even the Crown Prince himself couldn’t look straight at the sky.

Did they not even know shame?

In an instant, the hot and heavy sensation of being in the midst of a battlefield arose within him, even as he was in the imperial capital. Just as his eyes wandered across the battlefield, the Crown Prince started chasing the priests.