Chapter 72

El Ragneil, which she had glimpsed with Helkainis’ magic, was a pure white continent.

And Jiwoo saw the place from the air and realized why El Ragneil was dyed so white even though it was a continent of greenery.

It is true that it was covered with greenery, but the pure white Elandos, as enormous and majestic as it was, reached as far as the sky. It was to the extent that the tree bathed the entire continent with its purity as well.

Out of season snow-covered trees seemed to be stretching out to support the sky.

It was like a pure white pillar holding up the heavens, keeping it from crashing down. It made the entire continent of El Ragneil look like a single temple.

“Whoa…”

Jiwoo, who woke up and rubbed her eyes, admired the tree of Elandos, which stretched into the sky from all over the continent. It was more beautiful than she had ever imagined.

“You’re awake?”

Only Lanceil spoke affectionately from up close.

Because of the calm atmosphere, Jiwoo just nodded in silence.

Everyone was all unusually quiet. All of them, who she thought would only be happy to arrive back home, were holding their breath.

She seemed to know. They didn’t land somewhere on the continent and moved slowly to where they lived. Instead, Helkainis was moving them to the place where they lived right after arriving at El Ragneil.

Right where the sick Elandos was.

Jiwoo could feel it right away.

She could see where they were headed. It’s impossible not to realize it after seeing the sturdy and thick snow-white Elandos. She could see the diseased tree, which was stained black and withered. As they got closer to it, the atmosphere changed.

The refreshing atmosphere that she had felt upon entering El Ragneil subsided, and the air around them now felt heavy. It hurt even more than a sandstorm.

Every time she breathed, her nose stung and her mouth would go dry.

They soon stopped. In the distance, she saw a tree as black as if it had been burnt, but still boasting an enormous size.

There was nothing around the tree. Not just buildings, not even a strand of grass. There was only one tree on top of the vast, pitch-black hill.

Lanceil, who was carrying Jiwoo, carefully set her down on the ground. The floor on which she was standing on for the first time in a long time, seemed to emit a dry feeling running through her legs and up to her body even though she was just standing on it.

“We are here.”

“Am I going alone?”

“…We leave it up to you.”

To be honest, Jiwoo didn’t want to walk out of a place like this alone, but it wasn’t to the extent that she wanted to ask them to go with her. Especially after seeing their pale faces. Jiwoo was a human, but to those who grew up under Elandos’ influence, it would be like poisoned earth.

The other group that had followed Helkainis’ group gathered in the back at a distance.

“…Do they intend to watch?”

Enciertes glanced at them and murmured. Looking at the stinging eyes, she felt a heavy sense of responsibility.

“I’ll go with you. Shall we go?”