Chapter 36 - Pure White Tree

~

His hands were simply not something that could be described as stained with miasma. Just like the twig from Elandos that had been placed on the table, his hands had hardened and withered. When he took off his gloves, it smelled quite abhorrent. His flesh also seemed to be rotting away.

In fact, Jiwoo never imagined that the children of Elandos could smell like that. Because even their sweat smelled fragrant.

“Why is your body like that?”

“I told you not to look!”

Enciertes cried out in disgust.

He shook his hands and his gloves fell. He knelt down on the floor and hurriedly picked up the gloves, but when he saw Jiwoo approaching right in front of him, he shouted at her like this.

And he was backing away now, exclaiming once again.

“Go away!”

Enciertes seemed terrified.

“I told you to go away! Why do you keep coming?”

But Jiwoo couldn’t understand why he was avoiding her. That kind of reaction, and the state of the body that was neglected until it reached that point.

“You said you met the other Akarnas, why didn’t you ask them to heal you?”

“Why should they treat something like me? Of course I asked them to heal Elandos at that time!”

But Jiwoo didn’t quite understand what he was saying.

Drinking an Akarna’s blood could cure diseases, and sprinkling the blood on the land made even the miasma dissipate. The method was simple. She just needed to cut her wrist and draw blood. After shedding some blood and stopping the bleeding, an Akarna could quickly recover on their own.

“That time? It shouldn’t have taken long.”

Enci laughed as if he was in high spirits.

“You, you don’t know how those girls died.”

“……”

“Do you think an Akarna can do anything? Do you think that your power springs up indefinitely?”

Enci said cynically.

“I told you. You’re just an ordinary person with a strong will to live. How long do you think your desire to live will last?”

And he frowned as if he was fed up. His complexion turned pale, like he had just seen a scene where someone had died.

“What is the reason Akarna runs out of the temple after only a year? It’s because they couldn’t stand the temple’s treatment. Of course, their ability gradually decreased, so the temple…”

Enciertes said that and shut his mouth tightly.

“The temple?”

“You don’t need to know!”

The temple treated Akarna as an expendable item. Even though they had summoned an Akarna with difficulty, they didn’t seem to be too troubled whenever an Akarna would try to die.

There was only one last place to use the dying Akarna. Dragging her to the land where the miasma was intense, and scattering her blood on the ground. Then, the land would be purified, and a place for the people of the empire to live comfortably would be created.

The alchemists on the outer wall looked for an opportunity to approach an Akarna, but failed to seize any opportunity. They all had to watch the Akarna be executed in that way countless times.