Chapter 63 - Dance of Farewell

~

Once upon a time, when she first woke up in this world, what she saw was an open white altar.

The strangers who welcomed her in this world did not hesitate to point their knives at her, talking single-mindedly about the supposed duty she must uphold.

This was the world where she had suddenly become the savior that they were looking for, and likewise, this was the world where she first met the Crown Prince, her own savior.

Whenever she was having a hard time, she hid in the corner of the temple and looked up at the same sky as her homeworld.

The days when she secretly went outside through the temple’s small opening and secretly played.

This land that she looked down on while riding a horse with the Crown Prince through the meadow.

The Crown Prince she used to smile at.

The first kiss she secretly shared at the dispatch site.

The Crown Prince she loved.

The Crown Prince who held another woman’s hand at the splendid victory party that was supposed to be for him and her.

The Crown Prince whose back she always looked at.

Her fleeting love that allowed her to keep only one memory of holding hands and kissing.

Good memories. Bad memories. Miserable memories. Those days still remained deep in her heart. This was the world where she experienced so much, but could not easily say goodbye to.

The temple was a place that only reminded her of those memories.

All of it was crumbling to pieces.

Helkainis held out one hand.

“Would you like to dance with me?”

“Dance…?”

“Since you accepted our marriage proposal, we should dance.”

She took his hand

The Crown Prince, who had been distant from her, faded from her memory. HIs back leaving her for a dance with another woman that she couldn’t forget.

His wonderful smile came to mind while he was dancing with that woman. His friendly laughter had sounded like a hallucination. The big ring on that woman’s hand had shone brightly underneath the chandelier. The lights at the party were pouring as if everyone in the world was blessing them. The upbeat music that people had played…

Helkainis, like magic, dyed those pure white and sparkling memories black.

He put on a black ring in his black form like a reaper. Destroying the temple with a magic circle that did not emit light.

“Seo Jiwoo.”

Helkainis called to her. Then all thoughts disappeared and only his face was visible.

As he gently led her by dragging her hand, Jiwoo followed with a bright smile. It wasn’t difficult. She always practiced because she wanted to dance with someone.

On top of the crumbling temple, Jiwoo danced the first dance she had been dreaming of while fluttering the white dress that was tailored for today.

Prove that you love me. At least dance the first dance with me.

It was that easy.

Her dress fluttered with each step.

The twigs and leaves embroidered on the hem of the dress glistened in the sunlight. The necklace and earrings made just for today made a cheerful sound as they swayed.