Chapter 27

“You don’t want to go back?”

Lanceil and Callandein stood by their side for a long time and comforted Jiwoo, who barely stopped crying. In particular, Lanceil, forgetting he was sulking, took all of Jiwoo’s tears and runny nose into his chest.

And, he asked several times if he didn’t understand why Jiwoo cried and said she didn’t want to go back.

“But you said you’re the Akarna, right?”

“What about that?”

Jiwoo said while rubbing her eyes with a handkerchief. Her voice was still a little wet.

Callan and Lanceil both looked at each other with incomprehensible expressions, then looked at Jiwoo again.

“Seo Jiwoo, did I ever explain about Elandos?”

“Yes.”

“When we say Elandos of El Ragnile, it also means that he is the most precious of the group. It is our protector who controls our lifespan and protects us from the miasma.”

“But?”

“But, is the Akarna of Carnazion different? Oh, maybe… Can another Akarna take your place, Seo Jiwoo?”

“I am the only Akarna that they have.”

“What?”

Callandein looked dazed for a moment, then asked again.

“Ah, does that mean that there is only one Akarna in Seo Jiwoo’s country… or in your hometown?”

“I’m the only Akarna.”

If there were several Akarnas, there would be no need for Jiwoo to go around exhausting her body like that alone. The temple had the right to summon the Akarna, and the empire monopolized her.

The temple was promoting the Akarna as the vessel of God, so there should not be two Akarna in one generation.

God that resided in Akarna, moved around by living within the body of one person, not two.

A being who was suddenly born and has no trace of living in this world, and suddenly fell from the sky. A completely new existence that people in this world didn’t even know existed. That is the Akarna in which God dwells.

She doesn’t understand why he was surprised.

Because for Jiwoo, it was obvious. It was also a rare common sense in this world for him to be frowning with difficulty.

“That… doesn’t make sense?”

But Callandein didn’t seem to understand.

“…Ss something wrong?”

“There is no such thing as God, so to me, it all feels ridiculous.”

To be honest, even Jiwoo was inclined to agree. She felt that way even more after hearing Helkainis say that there is no God, only phenomena.

“If you don’t understand a phenomenon that already exists, you worship it. Give it a transcendental name, give it a meaning…”

“……”

Jiwoo was lost in thought and didn’t say anything, so Callan smiled with a wry look.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Was I rude?”

“No.”

“Ummm… I think that’s why Helka went to pick up that friend. The friend Helka picked up, who lives far away from our group, is an alchemist. The alchemist knows better than we do.”