Chapter 71

El Ragneil and Caranazion were continents cut off from each other by the natural wall created by the Great Vortex.

It was impossible to traverse through the Great Vortex by a boat or a ship. Its trajectories and currents were impossible to navigate, and neither was it possible to fly through its aerial expanse because of the constant, raging storm.

Even from a distance, Jiwoo could see the storm’s vigor. Just looking at the lightning flashing between the dark clouds, she knew that it was not a place that should normally be approached without any consideration.

Beyond Caranazion, the other continent, as well as the front of the storm, could not be seen.

Standing atop a cliff, Jiwoo admired the rumbling sky.

If she weren’t thinking she was jumping into it, the natural scenery wasn’t just scary, but it was even wonderful. Then she asked cautiously.

“Hey Helka. Can you really get past the Great Vortex?”

“Yes.”

Helkainis also answered with a short word and ended it like that.

They’re not going to commit suicide, right?

Looking at Jiwoo, who was still worried, Callandein spoke softly.

“This isn’t even the actual Great Vortex. It’s just a small storm that’s a product of it.”

“Just a small storm? This one?”

“Yes. This is also a fairly quiet period. I think that the Great Vortex will be difficult even for Helka.”

Lanceil, who was standing close to Jiwoo, also put a hand on her shoulder and spoke.

“Don’t worry too much. Helka brought us over here even with all the contamination on the land—he’s in a better condition now. And even if it becomes dangerous, I’ll protect you.”

Jiwoo looked around. A group of about thirty people were all looking this way as if they were relying on her completely.

When Jiwoo met their eyes one by one, everyone nodded and smiled brightly. It was quite a light smile when thinking that there’s a real possibility that their cherished Elandos could be cured.

She knew it even if they didn’t convey words. They’re telling her not to worry.

“Everyone’s ready!”

Tevon shouted from behind.

Behind him, another group was waiting. It seemed that they were going to go over together this time.

There were not as many of them as she thought, but the expressions were different. Most of them were looking forward to being able to return to their hometown, and some had a bitter or regretful look on their faces.

A few were even crying. Rather than crying just due to overflowing emotions, they looked very sad.

“Why are they crying?”

“Well…”

Enciertes answered Jiwoo’s question.

“It’s because they lost many comrades after they survived for a long time after coming to Caranazion. They must feel it’s a pity… It would have been nice if it had been a little earlier.”

“Ah…”

“The wizards who brought them here must have already died. They must have killed those wizards with their own hands.”