Chapter 14

Jiwoo was guided to a huge tree that served as a residence. Although she was supposed to live in an empty tree, it seemed larger than any commoner’s house in the Empire.

“This… is where I used to live.”

Jiwoo lowered her head slightly, then raised it and spoke politely.

“…Then I’ll be indebted to you for a moment.”

“There’s nothing to see, but make yourself comfortable.”

Lanceil seemed shy about the unorganized interior of the house, but in fact, Jiwoo was so used to a life of divestment in the temple, so she was rather pleased with this clutter. Most of all, it was nice to have a small semblance of living left.

It didn’t look like a complete room, with the wooden walls winding and grass growing all over the house.

They seemed to be a race living in harmony with nature. But surprisingly, there were no bugs in the room.

Lanceil disappeared for a moment while Jiwoo was looking around, and after a while he came with a piece of clothing.

“I brought it the one that is as small as possible, but I think it’s still a bit large.”

“It’s okay. Thank you.”

Even though they had come a long way together, it became even more awkward as there were only the two of them left.

Lanceil looked like he wanted to say something, but he couldn’t open his mouth easily.

Now that she looked at it, she can see why Lanceil said he was particularly ugly. All of the people she saw in the village were handsome enough to be admired.

All of them had blonde or silver hair, and their movements were strangely elegant.

Lanceil had a slightly more crude impression than them. The violet-tinged hair looked even more unusual in the group of pure blondes and silver hair.

Of course, Lanceil was also handsome in Jiwoo’s eyes, but seeing the comparison object, in a sense, she understood his insecurities.

But what was the use of such objective indicators? Jiwoo was more reliant on him now than anyone else.

“Excuse me, Lanceil…”

After staring at his pale violet-colored hair, Jiwoo spoke first.

“What are we?”

Lanceil’s face suddenly turned red.

And after a while, he frowned deeply. Jiwoo’s face turned red as his troubles grew longer.

Did she ask a question she shouldn’t have asked? It wasn’t until the words that she had misspoke came to her throat, Lanceil opened his mouth.

“For now… I will be your temporary guardian.”

“Temporary?”

Lanceil nodded his head.

“Like you said, there are people who will come to your rescue, and you said you were waiting for them too. I thought there would be a place to return to.”

“You said it seemed like there’s no one around me.”

“That’s…”

Lanceil laughed with a low voice.

“Because you’ve been lying down sick for three days and no one has come.”

Lanceil had no doubts that someone would come to pick up Akarna. However, the crying image kept trampling on his heart, and even though he heard that she was okay, he couldn’t leave easily.