~ 14 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Arjun stood outside of Yash and Arpita's room and pushed the door open without making any noise. He peeped inside and saw his sister sitting on the bed and muttering something. He prayed inside his mind to save him from his sister's wrath and slowly moved towards her with baby steps.

He sat down on the floor in front of her, held his ears, and said, "Sorry, Akka!"

Arpita's heart melted listening to her brother's cute apology. She ruffled his hair, making him smile. Of course, she cannot stay angry with him for a long time. After all, he was her first baby. She used to take care of him in the absence of their parents, along with her grandparents.

Her three brothers have a special place in her life. Arjun, Nanadan, and Vikram. Being the eldest grandchild of their family, she is like a mother figure to her brother and her cousins.

She was never against Arjun's love. How could she when she herself married the love of her life? It's just that she feels that Chytra isn't the right person for her brother. She never got positive vibes around that girl; she could see that that wasn't genuine. But how could she explain that to him when he wasn't ready to listen to their words? She left things to destiny.

She sighed and looked at her brother, who was already looking at her worriedly.

"Akka, are you okay?" Arjun asked, looking at her.

"I'm fine. Sorry, I was just thinking about something," said Arpita.

"That's okay! Tell me, are your little ones troubling you?" asked Arjun.

"They do! You know, a few days ago, they kicked me for the first time. From then on, they keep on kicking me every day at night," Arpita said with a small smile playing on her lips while caressing her baby bump.

"I'm sure they are going to make you run behind them once they come into this world and learn to walk," Arjun said, chuckling.

"Definitely!" Arpita said, laughing.

Arjun looked at her sister, smiling heartily after a long time. After what happened a few months ago, they had a proper conversation. Today is the longest conversation they've had in a long time.

They always have a special bond. She is his second mother. She always bore his stupid tantrums right from their childhood, yet she never complained about them. She always stood beside him and supported him whenever he felt low. She used to put him to sleep by singing a lullaby. Yes, Maya is special to him. She is his baby, but Arpita is his mother.

Arpita looked at her brother, who was zoned out.

She shook him and asked, "Where are you lost?"

"Nothing! "You rest for a while," said Arjun.

"Arjun, I want to eat your biryani cooked by you. Will you make it for me?" Arpita asked, looking at him with a puppy face.