~ 20 ~

Author's POV:

Meanwhile, Arpita, Maya, and Sravya came upstairs to Anjali's room. Maya knocked on the door and stood there. Gayatri opened the door and was surprised to see three of them there.

"What are you guys doing here?" Gayatri asked, moving aside.

"Exactly! What are you three doing here when the ceremony is going on downstairs?" Arpita asked, looking at Anjali, Meera, and Gayatri.

(Meera Ananth Murthy is the mother of Veerendra Murthy and Diya Murthy.)

"We cannot participate, Aru," said Anjali.

"Tell me one thing, Anju Maa. Do you love me?" asked Arpita.

"Of course, Aru!" said Anjali.

"You loved me when Adi Paa was there, and you love me now too. So, what changed then and now, Anju Maa, except for the fact that Adi Paa wasn't there in our lives anymore? I know no one can replace Adi Paa in our lives, and I also know that you miss him a lot. I don't know what these customs say about a widow. For me, your love is pure, and so are your hearty blessings. So, bless me. Your daughter is going to be a mother soon, and you are being mean to her," said Arpita.

Anjali felt emotional listening to her words. Her sisters had already scolded her in the morning for being aloof. But she didn't want to listen to those taunts when she sat with everyone in the ceremony. So she decided to stay in her room. Meera and Gayatri accompanied her, as they also couldn't participate in the ceremony.

"Aru!" Anju said, taking Arpita into a bear hug.

She kissed her forehead lovingly.

Arpita broke the hug and said, "Now, bless me and your grandchildren. By the way, no one will believe that you are going to be a grandmother. You still look sexy. No wonder Adi Paa was head over heels in love with you."

Maya and Sravya giggled, listening to Arpita's words.

"Badmash! You are becoming naughty day by day," Anjali said, hitting Arpita's head playfully.

Anjali took akshintalu (rice mixed with turmeric powder) in her hand and was about to bless Arpita when she stopped her. Anjali looked confused, but the next moment, her eyes brimmed with tears. Sravya stood next to Anjali, holding Aditya's photo in her hands.

"Now you can bless us," said Arpita.

She was about to bend down when Anjali stopped her and hugged her. She blessed her by putting Akshintalu over her head.

"Your Adi Paa would be so happy today, looking at you. His blessings will always be with us. So, don't cry," Anjali said, wiping off Arpita's tears.

"I miss him," said Arpita.

"I miss him too, Aru. He is in a better place, watching us from wherever he is and showering us with his love and blessings," Anjali said, patting her head.

She then moved to Meera and said, "You shouldn't feel bad for whatever people say, Aunty. Uncle knew that his life didn't have any guarantees. He knew about the consequences too, and yet he chose his country over everything. I know it hurts, but please don't pay any heed to their comments. They have no right to comment on you. We know the value of the sacrifices that Uncle and you have made. So, my dear sweet and lovely aunty, please bless me and my children so that they should be strong and fearless like Ananth uncle."

Meera's eyes welled up as she listened to Arpita.

She hugged Arpita and whispered, "Kush raho, beta."

Arpita smiled at her and then went and stood in front of Gayatri.

"You know what? I'm hurt, and I'm not going to talk with you," Arpita said, pouting.

"Why is that?" asked Gayatri.

"Don't you know?" Arpita asked, narrowing her eyes.

"I'm sorry," Gayatri said, holding her ears.

"Now, don't make that cute face. You know how to melt my anger, Ammamma," Arpita said, hugging her.

"After all, I'm your grandmother," Gayatri said, winking at her.

Arpita giggled, listening to her.
After a few minutes, Arpita, Maya, and Sravya moved down, as they still had guests downstairs. She sat on the chair while guests blessed her and the babies. At the end, they made Yash sit beside Arpita, and Jhansi, Vani, Anitha, and Sravya gave Aarti to them. After having lunch, the guests started to leave.