~ 37 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

The next morning, Arpita woke up and looked at the time on her mobile. It's 6 a.m. She got off the bed and went to freshen up. She came out wearing a bathrobe and went to the closet. She wore a kurta, paired it with cotton trousers, and came out of the closet. She checked on the twins and placed pillows beside Vansh so that he wouldn't roll down. She put her and Yash's mobiles on charge and came downstairs. She went to the kitchen and saw Vanam preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, Vanam," said Arpita.

"Good morning, Arpita," said Vanam.

"Didn't Nanamma wake up yet?" asked Arpita.

"She and Anjali Madam are in the garden having their juice," said Vanam.

"Okay! What are you preparing today?" asked Arpita.

"Aloo paratha with mint chutney, ragi dosa with peanut chutney and garlic chutney, and semolina kesari," said Vanam.

"Sounds yummy. Let me help you," said Arpita.

"Will you prepare Kesari?" asked Vanam.

"Yeah! Let me get the ingredients," said Arpita.

After half an hour, Arpita was done with the semolina kesari. She finally added the roasted nuts and turned off the gas. She took a small amount of kesari in a bowl and moved to the puja room.

She was cleaning the puja room and was putting on a small rangoli when Radha and Anjali came inside with flowers. After puja, she went to the kitchen and prepared coffee for herself and warm water with lemon and honey for Yash. She went to her room and saw Yash rocking a sleepy Varsha in his arms while Vansh was half awake, rolling on the bed.

"Here is your warm water with lemon," Arpita said, placing the sipper bottle and her coffee cup on the coffee table.

She went towards the bed and picked up Vansh in his arms. She started to rock him in her arms while walking around the room and humming a lullaby. Their babies will be cranky and turn the entire house upside down if they don't get proper sleep. So, Yash and Arpita always make sure that they sleep properly without any disturbances.

"Uff, finally, she slept," Yash said, placing Varsha in the baby crib.

He then went to the bathroom to brush. He came out and saw Arpita having her coffee while sitting on the swing on the balcony. He took his sipper bottle and went and sat beside her.

They were sitting there silently, enjoying the silence between them. Just then, they heard the soft and relaxing music of the violin and keyboard. They understood that it was Aashi and Maya who were playing them.

Yash leaned his head back and closed his eyes, enjoying the music. Slowly, he got lost in the memories of the past. His sister used to play the sitar along with his Nanamma. His Nanamma was a great classical singer, and his sister inherited that talent from her. Arpita and Yahvi used to learn music together in the evenings. Arpita used to play Veena and mandolin. But she stopped playing them after the death of Yahvi. She never touched them until now. He asked her many times to play them, but every time her answer was the same, i.e., I'll one day, but until then I can't. He stopped asking her after a few years. He misses hearing her soothing voice and has now heard her humming a lullaby for their babies. Even he and Suhaas had learned music along with them. Both of them play guitar. It was both of them who taught Pranav to play the guitar. He isn't great at music like the other three, but he enjoys playing instruments with them and hearing them sing.