~ 15 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

It was around 7 p.m. Aadi, Nayana, Keshav, and Satya came to Yash and Arpita's home. Anjali, Siri, and Vikram came around 5 p.m. Anjali, Janaki, and Meena were looking after dinner arrangements along with their cook, Vanam.

Aadi, Keshav, Satya, and Nayana sat in the living room eating the snacks served along with Jai, Raghu, Radha, and Surekha. Yash and Akarsh are playing, while Suhaas is attending a video conference with one of his clients. Arpita, Arjun, Siri, and Vikram are spending some sibling time.

Nayana looked around for Meena and Akarsh. Didn't her father tell her that they would also be there?

"For whom are you looking, Nayana?" asked Radha.

Just then, they heard a shout, "Noni!"

They saw Akarsh grinning while standing at the top of the stairs. He was about to run, but Arjun picked him up in his arms. Akarsh wriggled in his arms, making Arjun chuckle.

As soon as Arjun put him down, Akarsh ran towards Nayana and hugged her. Keshav and Satya looked at their granddaughter, amused. She was blabbering something while Akarsh was listening to her patiently. They never saw her getting that close to someone outside of their family. When Krithika told them about how she got attached to Meena within a short span of time, they just shrugged it off.

"Ayyo! Noni, wait here. I brought a gift for you," said Akarsh.

He ran towards his grandmother. He pulled her saree, making her look at him.

"What happened?" asked Surekha.

"Your bag?" asked Akarsh.

"It is in the room," said Surekha.

He ran towards the room and came down after a few minutes, panting hard. He hid his hands behind his back and stood in front of Nayana.

"Noni, close your eyes," said Akarsh.

Nayana closed her eyes with her hands and peeked slowly.

"No cheating," Akarsh said, pouting.

"Okay!" said Nayana.

"Open your eyes now," Akarsh said with excitement.

Nayana opened her eyes and saw a card in Akarsh's hand.

She frowned, looking at it, and asked, "What is this?"

"Open it and see," Akarsh said, giving the card to her.

Nayana took the card and went to her father. She asked him to pick her up in his arms, which he gladly obliged. She asked him to open the card.

Aadi opened the card and read the message written on it: "I love you, Noni. Will you be my little sister?"