~ 27 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Yash came inside after spending some time with his aunt and her family. Arpita came in the middle, as the babies were crying. It's been a week since their babies' naming ceremony and Annaprashan ceremony were done. Everyone left for their homes the next day. Hema and her family have stayed back, as it's been a long time since they visited India. They came to India for Yash and Arpita's marriage. After that, they didn't come because they couldn't find time because of their busy schedules.

They will be going to Prashanth's hometown tomorrow, so Yash and Arpita went to spend some time with them.

Yash looked at Arpita, who was busy looking at her engagement ring. The twins are happily sleeping in the cradle. A smile crept onto his face as he looked at her, admiring the ring even now. He climbed onto the bed and lay down, placing his head on her lap.

"What are you thinking?" Yash asked, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Nothing! Just thinking about how our lives have changed in these few years," Arpita said, ruffling his hair.

"True!" said Yash.

"Did you remember our engagement day?" asked Arpita.

"Of course! From that day on, I got the official rights to romance with you openly," Yash said, winking at her.

"Shameless man," Arpita said, slapping his chest.

"Of course, only you know how shameless I can be," Yash said, tracing her lips with his thumb.

Arpita shook her head in disbelief, listening to him. This man surprises her a lot. For the world, he is the most reserved, humble, kindhearted, mature, and responsible man. But for her, he is childish, naughty, shameless, romantic, and the one who embarrasses her most of the time in front of her cousins, friends, and family.

Flashback:

Arpita was getting her mehendi done in her room, as it was her engagement tomorrow. After ten years of being in a relationship, they are finally going to get engaged. She couldn't be happier. One can easily see how happy she is by looking at her glowing face, which is beaming with happiness, and her twinkling eyes.

Yash came out of nowhere with a glass of juice. He made her drink it and sat beside her. She placed her head on his shoulder while he kissed her forehead. The mehendi artist was drooling over Yash, forgetting to apply mehendi to Arpita. Yash noticed it, and before Arpita could scold that woman for eyeing her man, he smooched her lips, making Arpita's eyes widen in shock. That mehendi artist was embarrassed and continued doing her work.

"What are you doing?" Arpita whispered in his ears.

"I'm romancing with my girlfriend, who is going to be my fiancé tomorrow," Yash said, winking at her.