~ 18 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Arpita's sleep was disturbed when she felt his absence beside her. She searched with her hand for her husband, only to be disappointed. She opened her eyes slowly, looked at the empty side of her bed, and pouted. She decided to freshen up a little before he came. She slowly got off the bed, put on her slippers, and moved to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, she came out of the bathroom and saw Yash arranging the bed. She saw the food tray on the table in front of the couch, which was in the corner of their room.

"Why did you leave me alone in bed and go?" asked Arpita.

"My sleep broke. When I looked at the time, it was 12 p.m. You were sleeping peacefully, and I hadn't the heart to wake you up. So I freshened up a bit and went down to check on Thatha. Then I brought food for us," said Yash.

"Hmm!" Arpita said lazily.

"Stop being lazy and come," said Yash.

Arpita went and sat on the couch lazily. He came and sat beside her and started to feed her.

"Don't stuff me with your food too. I know I'm carrying our babies. So, let me eat the food for three, not four," Arpita said, pouting.

"In the morning, you didn't even eat the breakfast of one person either. So, stop complaining and eat how much you want to," Yash said, feeding her another morsel.

After eating a few more morsels, Arpita pushed his hand a little and said, "I'm full, Yash."

"Okay!" Yash said, as he didn't want to force her to eat more.

"You eat! I'll get ready by then," said Arpita.

"Don't you need my help now?" Yash said, smirking.

"As much as I would love to take your help, no thanks. You continue your work while I'll continue mine," she said, picking up her clothes.

She moved to the closet to get ready. After a few minutes, she came out looking beautiful in the saree.

"You look beautiful, Aru," Yash said, admiring her.

"Thank you, hubby!" said Arpita.

Yash washed his hands and picked up the tray, placing all the dirty dishes on it.

"You stay here. I'll come," said Yash.

"Can you ask Amma to come?" said Arpita.

"Okay!" said Yash.

After a few minutes, Janaki entered the room and looked at her daughter, who was talking to her babies. Her little Aru has grown up, and now she is going to be a mom. Her eyes brimmed with tears, remembering the first time she held a just-born Arpita in her arms.

Arpita turned around and saw her mother standing near the door, lost in her thoughts.

"Amma!" Arpita called Janaki, giving her a break from her thoughts.

Janaki looked at her daughter and smiled.

"You are looking beautiful, Kanna," she said, putting a black dot behind her ear.

"Can you braid my hair?" asked Arpita.

"Of course!" said Janaki.

Janaki combed Arpita's hair and braided it neatly.

She then kneeled in front of her and asked, "What is bothering you, Aru?"

"Nothing, Amma!" Arpita said, giving a small smile to her mother.