~ 59 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

A leap of one and a half year:

Arpita is in her cabin, designing the interiors of a kids room on her iPad. She leaned her head back and unlocked her mobile to see if there was any message from him. She sighed in disappointment, as there was no message from him. She leaned her head back onto the chair and closed her eyes. They had a fight last night. He woke up before she woke up, helped the kids get ready, and left for college, saying that he had some important work to do. She woke up alone in bed, but she didn't feel good today. When she got ready and came downstairs to have a look at him, Radha informed her that he had already left without having his breakfast. Arpita half-heartedly had her breakfast, dropped the twins off at their school, and came to the office. She messaged him to have breakfast after coming to the office.

Just then, her mobile was pinged with a message. She excitedly unlocked her mobile, but groaned as it was a reminder of the meeting that she had in an hour. She took a deep breath and looked at the time on her mobile. It's 10:30 a.m. So, it must be break time. She opened his contact and messaged him, "Sorry!" She saw a blue tick but frowned at not getting any reply.

"A simple reply won't do any harm," texted Arpita.

"I'm in the class, clearing the doubts of the students. I'll message you during the lunch break. And, yes! I had a sandwich. You also have something before going to the meeting. I know you might not have eaten properly in the morning. Bye, and I love you!" Arpita smiled, reading the message from Yash.

"Bye! I love you too," texted Arpita.

Arpita put her mobile back on the desk and got busy with designing. Her heart is now at peace after having a conversation with him, even though it's a small one.

On the other hand, Varsha, Vansh, Akarh, and Nayana met at their regular spot to have their lunch. Nayana poked her brother's arm, making him look at her. She pointed at Varsha and Vansh, who were having their lunch silently and half-heartedly. He blinked his eyes in assurance and gestured for her to be calm, while she nodded her head, understanding.

Vansh and Varsha are now nine years old, whereas Akarsh is twelve and a half years old and Nayana is twelve years old.

"Varshu?" Akarsh called Varsha lovingly.

Varsha looked at him and mumbled, "Hmm!"

"Is everything okay?" asked Akarsh.

"Yeah!" Varsha said, putting a fake smile on.

Akarsh raised his eyebrow and sarcastically said, "And do you really want to believe me?"

"Everything is fine, Akki. You are just assuming things," said Varsha.

Akrash was about to say something, but Nayana held his hand and gestured for him not to say anything, making him sigh. Vansh sat there, eating his lunch silently.

"If you say so," said Akarsh, and he continued to have his lunch silently.

Four of them sat there, having their lunch, silently.

Akarsh finished his lunch, looked at his sister, and said, "I'm done, Noni. I'm going to class. You finish yours and come fast."

Varsha looked at him and sighed. He hates it when she lies to him. He had never gone alone to his class, leaving them. He and Nayana would drop her and Vansh off at their class, and then both would go to their class.

Nayana glared at her brother and gestured for him to shut his mouth and sit there silently. Akarsh groaned and sat beside her sister.

Soon, they are done with their lunch. Vansh dragged Nayana with him, saying that he had a doubt in mathematics. He loves science, but mathematics is a big headache for him. He wants to become a doctor in the future.

Varsha and Akarsh sat there silently, with Akarsh waiting for Varsha to open up and Varsha sitting there fidgeting with her fingers.