40: Always Have Your Back

Xavier's POV :

Nodding at the driver, I carried the sleeping form of my wife in my arms carefully and get settled inside the car.

We are back in New York after spending a week more in Russia.

The days went more blissfully than I have expected.

I caressed her face as she kept sleeping in my arms while cocooning her body on my lap.

Kissing her head I looked out from the car window and see it was still 2 o'clock in the morning.

I kept caressing her dainty figure and kept thinking about her confession.

Her innocent quivering voice still echoes in my ear.
Her tears brimmed eyes with so much love and innocence in them still rip apart, my soul.

I still do not remember doing anything to achieve such a strong and pure feeling from her.

But any of these does not matter now.
Now, I have known her feelings for me, I would do anything to keep them intact.

She was mine the day I saw her, but still, I was ready to have a life without her beside me. Without her being in this dangerous fucked up web.

But now, she is bound to me for eternity. Even after death, I would claim her pure soul with my dark one.

Not even god or a demon would be able to stop me from having her with me after our cessation.

I sighed as those magical moments kept playing in my mind on a loop.
The irony is, I don't even believe in magic.

But with her, I am ready to acknowledge anything, and everything.
Even if it's magic, fate, or destiny.

Certainly, I was quite aware of her inner feeling and was anticipating something sort of this, but not so soon.

And when I was trying to make her birthday special, she turned the table and made the whole thing so precious for me.

Indeed it was a big and hard blow for me when she said 'I love you,'

I almost wished I could say the same thing to her.
But I can't.
Not because I am scared to go forwards with my feeling.

It was because the things that I felt for her are just more than love.
They are more than a mere confession of 'I love you,'

They are stronger and have led me to the verge of destruction.
It's powerful, intense, and obsessive, and for some, it might be toxic but this is what I feel for her.

Only "I Love You" would never be able to do justice to it.

Closing my eyes I leaned back on my seat and pulled her more closer to me than she already was.

Soon the car stopped at our mansion. I pulled both of us out and went inside. After I tucked her carefully inside the quilt, I went to was room and took a refreshing bath.

Sun would rise anytime soon now, so without wasting any more time I also informed them about my visit to them with Trysta today.

If she thinks I am done giving her birthday gifts then she is so wrong.
So many things are still left that I want to hand her.

My little vixen of a wife deserves the world and I will make sure she gets the world under her Jimmy Choo.

Once finished with my emails, I also joined her under covers. Taking my careless sleeping figure in my arms once again I kiss her head and let the peaceful sleep engulf me before my chaotic life starts all over again.
.
.
.
.
Trysta's POV :