In the rain.

Perrie watched the woman stand in the rain with a black garbage bag in her hand. Her baseball cap and clothes were completely soaked. She was standing there before Perrie went into the shop which was about thirty minutes ago.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you needed a ride home. The buses don't run at this time of night."

Perrie put her umbrella up standing close to her so that she was sheltered from the rain too. The woman looked up before turning to Perrie.

"It's a little too late for this now. Isn't it?" She squinted, staring at Perrie's lips. She then nodded with a small smile.

"Can I drive you home?"

"I'm sorry, you spoke too fast and I couldn't read your lips." She said quietly

"What was that" It was hard for Perrie to hear her soft voice over the sound of the rain.

"Speak slower please"

Perrie slowed down, asking her if she wanted her to take her home because buses don't run this late.

"Please?"

"Of course. Let me grab this for you" She took the garbage bag from her walking to her car.

Once in the car she asked where she wanted to go. The woman mumbled an address and Perrie began the drive. As the GPS guided her to the location she realized that it was a shelter. She looked over at the woman. Perrie tapped the woman to ask her a question.

"Isn't it too late for them to let you in?"

"Yeah, but if I'm early I might get a bed tomorrow." Her voice was so quiet, Perrie barely heard her.

"I know you don't know me and I don't really know you too well but would you want to come stay at my place? It's supposed to storm for the rest of the week. You'll get sick"

"How do I know you won't kill me or something?"

"If I wanted to you'd be dead."

She stared at Perrie before shaking her head. She put her hand on the door to get out when Perrie put her hand on her arm.

"Okay, I should have said that. I can't even kill a spider, let alone a human. I won't be able to sleep at night. Knowing you're out here in the cold rain. Please, you can stay for a night. Shower, eat and warm up a little. You can leave the next morning or whenever you'd like."

"Okay. If you try anything. I'll kill you." Perrie nodded. She wasn't worried about the woman killing her because she wasn't going to try anything.

Perrie drove to her apartment complex where she carried the woman's bag up the steps.

"Here's a towel, washcloth and some clothes. You can shower and ill order some food." The woman stared at her mouth waiting a few seconds and then nodded.