TYS 2

"Pick her up instead of laughing at her!" Jamieson picked the little girl up and sat down with her on his lap. 

"Are you okay?"

"Mommy" She cried holding the back of her head.

"You want mommy?"

She nodded. Jamie began to panic when he noticed that she was bleeding. He still didn't want to take part in any parenting but he would be lying if he said that she hasn't grown on him.

"Lets go to mommy's job" He carried the five year old to his car where he drove to Amina's job. He got tons of stares as he walked into the building.

"Hi do you have an appointment?"

"No, I'm here to see Giordano-Simiyu"

"You need an appointment to see her, she has a client right now anyway"

"Can you call her"

"Sir you need an appointment"

Jamie pulled out his phone dialing Amina. He didn't have time for this.

"Jamie-"

"It's an emergency and your receptionist won't let me up"

She hung up and the phone at the desk began to ring.

"Ma'am"

"Yes, send him up please"

"Will do"

She hung up and sighed unlocking the turnstiles so he could wait for the elevator.

"How do you feel?" Jamie asked the girl on his hip. She stared at him but didn't say anything. He knew that she was a little underdeveloped but she didn't speak. She would only say a few words a day.

She wore a deep frown as she began to tear up.

"Okay. Shhhh. Please don't cry." Jamie wasn't the biggest fan of these responsibilities but he wasn't heartless and didn't like to see the child cry. That and he didn't want Amina to tell him off.

He got in the elevator taking it to the twenty seventh floor.

He knocked on the door with his wife's name.

"Come in"

Jamie walked in and Amina shot up taking Leigh-Anne from him.

"What happened? Are you okay baby?? Why didn't you take her to the hospital Jamie!?"

"Im going to grab a coffee."

"Okay" Amina waved her client off as she sat down with Leigh-Anne in her lap.

"Does it hurt or are you afraid of the blood" Amina asked taking the paper towel from Jamie to wipe off her bloody hands.

"Both, huh?" Leigh-Anne nodded.

"Okay. Can mommy see?" When Leigh-Anne nodded she began looking for the wound.

"It's not too deep baby, you will be alright" Leigh-Anne wrapped her arms around Amina's neck.

"I'm sorry. I left the room for a few minutes and she fell."

Amina shook her head and carried her baby to the bathroom where she cleaned her up as best that she could. She tried to get her to sleep so she could finish with her client but Leigh-Anne didn't want to leave her. She sat in her lap facing her as she dozed off. Amina gently laid her head on her shoulder so she could sleep.

"Babe I got her. Thanks you can go back to work."