tys prequel

I've started the TYS book, its out. It's Lerrie's part. I'll probably write about Leigh-Annes childhood later. This chapter is some time after she killed the lady and Amina kicked Jamie out.

"And mommy, Sairah called me a bad word!"

"Did you hear me mommy?"

"Helloo" Leigh-Anne tapped the phone screen trying to get Amina's attention. She was too busy watching some man anxiously pace back and forth in the hallway in front of her office.

"She's busy baby, she'll call back" Xolani reassured hanging up the phone.

"Um excuse me. You're not supposed to be on this floor." Amina stood up closing her laptop that held confidential information.

"I'm looking for. . ." He opened a piece of paper that had something scratched in messy handwriting.

"A. . . Uh. Aminata? Simiyu"

"Yeah, that's me."

"Great. I have an emergency"

"And I'll be glad to help you as soon as I finish, so I'm going to ask you to wait downstairs. There's a waiting area in the lobby and on the fifth floor."

"It's really an emergency"

"I believe you. Let me finish my phone call and I'll be with you."

"Can I wait in your office?"

"No. I'll call you in, you can wait here." The man agreed and she went into her office and locked her door.

"What were you saying bubba?" She asked picking up her phone.

She sighed walking back over to her door to let the man in.

"How can I help you today, sir?"

"I committed a crime and I don't know what to do. My boy suggested I come to you. He says you're the best."

"Can I ask who your boy is?"

"Robert Jimenez."

"Okay. Is it a misdemeanor or felony"

"Huh?"

" Major or Minor?"

"Uh major"

"What did you do?"

"I'm not saying anything unless you promise to represent me."

"That's not how this works here. You tell me what you did and I choose if I want to represent you."

"You're so bossy"

"Lets start simple.  What is your name?"

"No. I'm just going to tell you what I did"

"Okay."

"I uh kidnapped someone-"

"A child or an adult?"

"Can you let me finish?"

"Go ahead"

"I kidnapped a guy and beat the daylights out of him in front of my boss and I feel bad so I want to turn myself in but I don't want to go to jail."

"Gang initiation?"

"Yeah"

"I want to talk to Hernandez."

"Why?"

"Just get him up here"

-

"I'm sorry I don't think I'm comfortable taking your case."

"You're going to take this case and make sure he doesn't get any jail time"

"I can't promise anything and even if I could I wouldn't. I have morals, I'm a person too. I can't sleep at night knowing I got someone who committed such a heinous crime off Scott free. I'm sorry. I know a really good lawyer over in Queens."

The man knocked the business card out of her hand before grabbing her by her shoulders

"Don't play dumb Aminata. You're a very smart woman. I'll pay you nice, you can take the girls on vacation or buy your parents a nice house in Nairobi. I hear it's quite nice over there"

"Girls. . . Nairobi?" Amina was starting to get worried. How did he know?

"Yeah, your daughters. Take this case or. . . "

"Or what?"

"Getting bold are we? Listen. I'll give you a night to make up your mind."

"I'm not taking it. I'm sorry"

"I had a feeling you would say that"

He opened the door to her office, grabbing a man by the back of his neck.  The man whimpered in pain, weakly trying to get the large hand off his neck.

"Jamie!" Amina rushed over to her bruised and battered husband. She tried to grab him. But the man pushed her back.

"Now, let's not make this anymore difficult." He pulled out a switchblade holding it to Jamie's neck.

"You're going to kill my husband and the father of my children because I don't want to take your case?" Amina asked, unshed tears in her eyes.

"Of course not. Like I said. You have the option."

"Okay. I'll take the case. Please don't hurt him."

"You try anything stupid Aminata, he's dead. Don't leave the county, don't go to the authorities, none of it. If you do, The next bullet will be in his forehead. Do you understand me."

"Get your hands off my wife!" He shoved the man who barely moved. The man shoved Jamie back and he fell at Amina's feet.

"Understand?"

"Yes."

"Good. Have a nice day Ms. Simiyu. You have a beautiful practice here." He smiled before leaving the private floor.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I should've never kicked you out. I was just upset Jamie. Please understand."

He smiled and she gasped.

"I understand, baby. I'm not upset with you. They just caught me off guard."

"They knocked your tooth out." She frowned telling him to open his mouth.

"Shit. I have to take you to the dentist. And the doctor. That's not okay, you need to learn to protect your face and head Jamie!" He knew his wife and he knew that she was more mad about his tooth than anything else.

"No, I just want to be with you and my girls. That's it."

"You're probably hurt baby. I don't want anything to happen to you"

"I don't mean to make you cry Amina. I'm sorry. I was just being fucking stupid. I'm trying to change but it's really hard after something like this. I'm going to kidnap his wife. See how he likes that shit." Amina didn't say anything. She couldn't tell if he was joking or venting so she just listened.

"Come, let me get you home. I have to go get papa"

"No!"

"Yeah, he's being released from the hospital. I need to take care of him."

"Maybe I'll come home in a few days then"

"No. I don't want you leaving the house anymore. It's not safe and we need to leave this place."