lead dancer

Jade glanced at her sister. Quickly wiping her eyes when they filled with tears. There was no way she was going to be noticed while dancing next to her.

"That one's got power!" One of the judges pointed at Jesy, making Jade frown.

"Aw Leigh-Anne, they're dancing against each other." One of the dance moms tapped Leigh-Anne who was trying to record for her wife.

Leigh-Anne stood up when she noticed that Jade was crying.

"Go on bubba. You're doing good." Leigh-Anne tried to encourage Jade but it only made her feel worse. Jesy began to feel a way that Leigh-Anne was only complimenting Jade. She wanted her mother to compliment her too. Leigh-Anne's words mean more to her than any dance teacher or instructor.

They continued to shower Jesy in praise and Jade stood still as her lower lip began to quiver.

"Dance bubba" Jade shook her head as she began to cry. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at the youngest dancer on the stage.

"Come, come to mama" Leigh-Anne picked Jade up, taking her away from the stage to where the parents were sitting. She sat Jade in her lap, holding her water bottle for her to drink out of.

"What happened?" Jade held Leigh-Anne's shirt in her fist as she cried into her.

"Alright bubba, let it out" She rubbed Jade's back as she rocked her soon to be seven year old. Sometimes Leigh-Anne forgot how easily overwhelmed Jade could get.

"I want mommy"

"We will go see mommy soon." Leigh-Anne held Jade in her lap, letting her play games on her phone to keep her entertained while she watched Jesy.

Once the music stopped the instructor stood up and began calling names. Jesy was called first.

"I want you to be my lead"

Everyone turned to Leigh-Anne when she stood up cheering with Jade on her hip.

"Sorry, sorry" She apologized sitting down, but she was really proud of Jesy. She managed to outdance teenagers.

I want to write a black swan inspired piece for Jesy but I forgot what happened in that movie 😓