The Journalist

"This is the woman you're looking for. Bring her in, alive preferably. Today we finish setting up bases, after that you're free to do whatever I don't care. Just find the woman and bring her here so we can put her on the plane." The Sergeant said to his special agents.

"Can I have the photo?" He nodded, handing it to the only woman in the search & rescue / negotiations task force.

"Why are you giving it to her? She'll sleep with her before she brings her in"

"Fuck off" Leigh-Anne rolled her eyes walking to her personal base.

"Sarge, how come she gets to lead?"

"She's not leading anything. I just gave her the picture. Do you want one too?"

"Yes please." The Sarge sighed at the immature man giving him a picture of the blonde woman.

Leigh-Anne already had her tent up.  She got in her bed reviewing her cover up. She packed a bag and a small amount of the country's currency. She took her British passport just in case something went wrong. She didn't want to get caught with any American documents as they weren't welcomed here and they were tortured and killed by the native people.

Once midnight came she snuck out of her tent and left the base. Her force had a strong buddy system, they weren't supposed to go anywhere alone not even to the bathroom.

"Leigh!" She turned around.

"What?"

"Where are you going?" Her partner, Claude asked seeing her sneak across the large empty plain.

"To use the bathroom. Don't follow me."

"If you're not back in twenty I'm coming to look for you"

"Okay.  Get some sleep. I'll be okay"

He went back to his shared tent and laid down. Once far enough she changed her clothes to fit in with the common people. She wore a long white item of clothing and sandals. It was hard to explain. It wasn't a dress but something like it. She tried to do some research about the unknown country but she couldn't find much.

With that she began walking to the nearest town. She got tons of stares. She stood out like a sore thumb despite wearing their traditional clothing. A group of children ran up to her pulling on her clothes.

She looked around trying to figure out what they wanted. She sat down with the kids trying to see if they spoke English. She found out what they wanted when she felt multiple hands in her hair.

She wondered why they weren't sleeping. It was quite late after all. One kid climbed into her lap.

"Hi"

"Hello. What's your name?"

"Jade"

"Jade. Hi Jade"

"Hi, you hair is so fun"

"Thank you. Do you think you can help with something?"

"Uh huh" Leigh-Anne stood up, holding the child's hand. The other children went back to their play area when they couldn't play in her hair anymore.

"Eat. We eat!"

"Are you hungry?" The little girl nodded.

She dragged the foreigner across town to a street food hot spot.

"You know where the good stuff is huh?" The little girl took off her sandals before stepping through the wide walkway. Leigh-Anne did the same.

"Auntie! Auntie!" She skipped into a shop dragging Leigh-Anne along.