Told you so alternative

"You do understand that we have a sibling policy meaning we cannot separate them."

"She has a sister or brother?" Jamie asked sitting beside his wife and foster child in the social workers office.

"A younger sister actually. She just turned four and she was in a family group home. Since you two are doing well with Sairah and we found Leigh-Anne we can put her with you. If you feel like it's too much we can take Sairah and put her in the group home with Leigh-Anne and find another child for you."

Sairah frowned, not wanting to leave her new  parents.

"We'll take her"

"Wait. Can we have time to think about it" Jamie asked, not knowing how he would feel with a young child in his house. Especially with his career.

"Sure."

"What is there to think about, babe? If we don't take her Sairah goes to a group home, you don't want that do you?"

"Of course not, but she's young. . . You know?"

"It's nothing we can't handle, babe. This is what we wanted and after years and years we're getting it."

"Okay, we can do that"

"You do have room for her, correct?"

"Yes we have a six bedroom five bath."

Jamie pulled his daughter into his lap when she began to walk around their chairs. She was bored.

"How many people live in the home?"

"Three full time and two part time"

"Can you explain?"

"My husband, myself and Sairah live in our home. My little sister comes to stay with us sometimes and his dad has been staying with us for the past three months."

"Okay I'll pop in for inspections and once everything is cleared she's be with you in three to five business days."

"Thank you" the parents smiled, shaking hands with the social worker.

"Can we go to the park?" Sairah asked buckling herself into her booster seat.

"We have to get your little sisters room ready bubba" Amina smiled thinking about having a younger child. Nothing against Sairah but she wasn't too fond of Amina. She was always under Jamie and Ami was hoping that Leigh-Anne would be a Mama's girl.

"Papa, can we go to the park?"

"No Mimma, Mama just said we have to get the bedroom ready for your sister. Do you remember her?"

"Leigh-Anne? Not really. But does she have to come live with us?"

"You don't want to live with your sister?" Amina asked in shock.

Sairah shrugged, asking Jamieson for his phone.

-

"Sairah"

"Yes mama"

"Please come eat at the table,love"

"But papa is on the sofa"

"Okay. I'm asking you to come sit at the table please"

The six year old grumbled as she stood up and brought her plate to the table.

"Soon as you finish eating you can go back into the living room with papa."

Amina sighed when she rolled her eyes at her. She tried not to give her too much time of day because she is still young and a little bit troubled.