WAH extra

Leigh-Anne sat with Leighton crunched up in a hospital seat beside her wife's bed while she slept.

"I wanna get down mama" Leigh-Anne put Leighton down and he ran over to the bassinet and stepped on the bottom bar to get a closer look at the newborn.

"Get down!" Leigh-Anne hissed careful not to wake Perrie.

The five year old stepped down with a frown. His lower lip quivered as tears threatened to spill. 

"Come to mama"

He shook his head. She just yelled at him, why would he go to her now.

She stood up going over to him.

"I'm sorry Joey. I didn't mean to speak to you so harshly but you have to be careful. You can't climb on that. You will hurt yourself if you fall and the baby is in there. She can get hurt too if this tips over."

"Sorry mama"

"Is okay, do you want to see her?" He nodded excitedly. Leigh-Anne picked him up so he could see his baby sister.

"She's a little bean mama"

Leigh-Anne smiled at her son. A few years ago it was Sasha cooing over him.

"She's Baby bean and mommy is a sleepy bean and Joey is sad bean and mama is mama bean."

"Dont be sad baby. You're not in trouble. I just want you to be careful."

"Now my bean is hurt"

"She's not hurt. She's okay." Leigh-Anne knew the boy was sleepy. He hasn't slept in a while and she's been trying desperately to get him to settle down and sleep.

She sat in the chair with him giving him her phone to watch his cartoons.

Leigh-Anne wrapped her arms around him before dozing off.

Perrie winced in pain as she turned to sleep on her side. Leighton wiggled out of Leigh-Anne's hold trying to get down.

"Where are you going?"

"Wanna sleep with mommy" Leigh-Anne put him down. She was exhausted. She thought that because it was a c-section that it would take less time but it was a bit more complicated than that. Maybe two or so hours. She was aware that some natural births last hours but hers was very short. Of course it felt like an eternity for her but it was a little bit over an hour. Also she was out of the hospital the same day. While this was Perrie's third day. If she knew all of this would happen she would've packed. She wasnt going to leave her alone but she couldn't wait to go home. They didn't even give her a cot. Leighton refused to go home with Sasha and Azariah. Jaden was with his sisters living his best life

Leigh-Anne laid Leighton down beside Perrie.

"Mommy's belly is very sore, so you have to be careful Leighton."

"I know mama. You say it everyday. 'Watch mommy's belly joey' I know mama Jesus." The boy sassed getting comfortable infront of Perrie.

"Boy, lay down and go to sleep" He smiled cuddling into his mommy.

"Are you having a bad dream mommy"

"No pumpkin."

"Then why are you crying"

"I'm not crying baby, mommy is just in a little bit of pain."

"You want tea tea mommy?"

Perrie looked up at her wife.

"Do you?" Perrie gave a slight nod before closing her eyes. Leighton sat up seeing Leigh-Anne stand up to leave the room.

"Noo! I wanna come"

"Stay here Joey I'm coming right back."

"Please take me mama. Please. I'll be good"

"Who's going to watch mommy?"

"The baby"

"No. Who going to watch the baby and make sure nothing happens to her. That spot can only be filled by a big brother or sister"

"Me!! I'm her big brother"

"Exactly so wait here with her for me please"

"Okay mama"

"I'll be right back. I love you all"

-

A month later:

"I had it first Leighton"

"But its mine!"

"You weren't thinking about it"

"Its mine J"

"So what. I'm older."

"But mama buyed it for me"

"Too bad." Jaden turned so that his back was to his brother and used his construction trucks to play in his kinetic sand.

"Can i play?"

"No. Go away"

"Please"

"Go away." Leighton frowned tapping Perrie.

She sat up with her daughter, opening her eyes.

"What's wrong pumpkin pop?"

"J won't give me my truck"

"Jaden please give him his truck"

"But I had it first mommy."

Perrie doesn't know why she told Leigh-Anne that she was okay to look after their three little ones. She was beyond overwhelmed and in so much pain. Her incision was taking longer to heal because she wasn't doing what she was supposed to do, like not lifting heavy object, a.k.a Leighton.

She was losing it hearing the boys bicker.

"Boys! Give it to me"

"Its mine mommy, not yours"

"Yeah and I had it first"

Perrie held her hand out and Jaden put the toy down in her hand.

Perrie put her baby into an empty playpen before laying back down. She closed her eyes, falling
into a deep sleep.

"Mommy. Mommy"

"Yes Joey"

"Someones at the door and it's making the baby cry." Perrie stood up to open the door.