untitled

"Jesse, come on bubba"

Perrie held the door to the small apartment open for her son.

"I want my daddy" He had his back to her as he sat on the dirty steps.

"Excuse me sweetheart" A woman walked past with her daughter behind her. Perrie smiled when Jesse turned around to look at the girl. She waved at him and he waved back with a big smile. But when he saw Perrie he turned back around watching the military vehicles drive up and down the road.

"Excuse me"

"I'm sorry" Perrie moved out of the way for the woman and her daughter.

"Jesse. It's getting cold. Please come inside."

"No."

Perrie sighed and walked out of the apartment to pick up her stubborn nine year old.

"Put me down!!"

"Put me down mama!!" He struggled in Perrie's arms as she carried him into their apartment and locked the door. Once she put him down his face turned a deep shade of red as he saw the cute girl and her mom standing there.

"I hate you!" He stormed into the bedroom that he shared with his mother and slammed the door.

"Sorry about that" Perrie gave a small smile and stuck her hand out for the woman to shake.

"No problem, I'm Jade, and this is my daughter. Say hi"

"Hi, I'm Leigh-Anne" She smiled, showing an empty space where a tooth once was.