TNG [extra]

"Dont forget why you're here. Do you hear me?" Leigh-Anne's father asked, walking her into the school building.

He grabbed her upper arm when she didn't respond. She winced, putting her hand over his.

"Daddy, you're hurting me"

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yes"

"Good. Get to class. I better not hear that you were near her, looking at her or talking to her. I don't even want you to think about her. Do you understand me, little girl?"

"Yes daddy. You're hurting me" She spoke quietly with her head down.

"Keep your head down, you're not here to make friends. Be here as soon as the bell rings." He warned letting her arm go. She rushed to her homeroom before he could say anything else.

Everyone stopped talking when Leigh-Anne walked in the classroom. Rumors spread about her once someone overheard her telling Jade about her parents finding her a husband. They stared but didn't say a thing.

Leigh-Anne found an empty seat in the back, she sat down resting her head on the desk. She wasn't here to learn so she would use this time for herself. 'No one likes a smart ass' As her mother would say.

She closed her eyes dozing off. She hasn't gotten much sleep at home. Since her soon to be husband changed his mind about marrying her parents have been working her like a dog. They wanted to make her a 'proper' woman. Not only did this include cooking and cleaning as she's been doing since she was ten years old but she was also on medication to increase her fertility. Her body wasn't reacting well to the medicine. So she wasn't complaining about nine hours of sleep. Also, she couldn't possibly find anyway to get in trouble if she was sleeping.

-

"Leigh-Anne"

"Go ahead and pack up, the bell rang a few minutes ago"

"I'm sorry, ma'am"

"No worries." Leigh-Anne grabbed her bag and stood up. Maybe a little too fast as she stumbled a bit, leaning on the desk to regain her balance.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes. I'm sorry" She apologized, rushing out of the classroom and to the locker room.

She decided not to go to the gym so she sat in the locker room.

"Excuse me, You're in front of my locker"

"Leigh-Anne?" Jade gasped when she raised her head.

Leigh-Anne grabbed her bag and tried to leave but Jade stopped her, grabbing her upper arm. She flinched in pain, the area sore from earlier.

"Hey, wait. Wait, I'm not going to hurt you Leigh." Leigh-Anne's eyes were glued to the floor. She tried to pull her arm out of Jade's. She let go when she felt Leigh-Anne struggle.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to tell you something"

"I'm sorry I kissed you without permission. I shouldn't have done that, I was wrong and I won't do it again, I apologize. I never meant to make you feel uncomfortable. I shouldn't have made you question your culture and I'm sorry for it. I shouldn't have pushed my ways onto you."

Hearing this made Leigh-Anne look up at Jade. She wasn't even a full hour into the day and she already broke three of her fathers rules.

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay. I forgive you" Jade smiled ear to ear. She couldn't stop thinking about Leigh-Anne for the past few weeks.

"Are you okay? Did your parents hurt you? Did the guy agree to marry you?"

"I wouldn't be here if I was married, Jade. Don't be silly"

"But you were gone for about a month or so"

"I. . . I um. . . I had to get better first."

"Get better? Did your mom and dad beat you, Leigh-Anne?"

"I missed you Jade" Leigh-Anne hugged Jade before kissing her cheek.

Jade stood shocked for a while before hugging her back.

"Can you kiss me again?" Jade pulled away to look at her.

"What?"

"I want you to kiss me again"

"Leigh-Anne, I don't think that's a good idea"

"Why not? I liked it" Leigh-Anne smiled. Just like that she was falling back into Jades trap and she couldn't stop herself, she wasn't going to try either.

"I know but I don't want to get you in trouble."

Leigh-Anne tried to kiss Jade but Jade held her hand out to stop her. Leigh-Anne seemed to be offended by her actions.

"Why don't you want to kiss me? I brushed my teeth. I haven't eaten anything" Leigh-Anne began to blow her breath in her hand, trying to smell it.

"Stop it. Your breath doesn't stink. What do you mean you haven't eaten anything, it's nine something. Aren't you hungry?"

"Why don't you want to kiss me?"

"Why haven't you eaten?"

"I asked first"

"I do want to kiss you Leigh-Anne. I really like you a lot but I know I can't have you so I'm not going to allow myself to fall for you and get hurt"

"Have me? You can have me. I want you to have me."

"I can't. Now tell me why you haven't eaten."

"I can't. . .well, I'm not hungry"

"Dont lie"