Painfully broke

"You don't have to walk me all the way home, you know" Perrie stopped walking, not wanting her crush to see where she lives.

"It's okay."

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm not. . . You know"

"What?"

"I'm not wealthy like you Jade."

"I don't care about that"

"But you're not supposed to be on this side of town. I don't want you to get hurt or in trouble."

"Do you know who my parents are? No one can hurt me although I might get in trouble with my mama and daddy."

"See. It's okay, I'll see you tomorrow"

"No, come on. I'm grown, I can walk you home." Perrie smiled at the well dressed girl. She wore a crisp white button up with black slacks, suspenders and a bow tie. Her long curly hair in a messy low ponytail.

"I really don't want you to get in trouble, Jade"

"Where do you live? Hopefully not in the slums. You're like upper lower class, right? you can't be that broke if you go to school with me. My parents pay top dollar for my tuition." Perrie sighed. She really liked Jade but some of her comments rubbed her the wrong way.

"I am kinda in the bottom of the lower class."

"Like. . . Government assistance bottom or like you live in the p's bottom?"

"Both"

"So you're painfully broke. Damn. It's a shame because you're actually so pretty. I didn't know you people could be this attractive. Look, when you come up a bit hit me up."

"I thought you liked me"

"I did, well I do but you're here and I'm here" She put one hand significantly lower than the other.

"It's only for your own good because if I took you home to my parents they would destroy you."