Hybrids in NY

I'm not sure if I published this one already.

"Are those real?" The woman sitting next to Jade asked.

"Don't be mean, she's little" Jade frowned.

"No, no. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be mean. I think she's adorable." This made Jade smile.

"Yes. They're real. She's my baby. Me and my girlfriends' baby. She's almost one and her name is Aaliyah." Leigh-Anne found it quite wholesome how Jade spoke about her baby.

"Dont touch her" Leigh-Anne spoke covering her daughter's ears when the woman tried to touch them.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"She's nice baba"

"She may be nice but don't let strangers touch her."

"Why?"

"She gets sick easily baby. They're touching all over the subway and then touching her. She's a baby so the germs will make her sick."

"Oh no. Sorry baby" Leigh-Anne smiled. Jade was such an adorable mama.

Jesy noticed the woman side eying Leigh-Anne.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"Yeah-"

"I am."

"I was asking her."

"And I'm telling you."

Jade held Aaliyah out for Leigh-Anne to hold her. Something was off and she could tell.

"It's okay baby. You can hold her." Jade looked at the woman beside her. She felt like her baby was in danger for some reason.

Leigh-Anne grabbed her arm when she stood up to make sure she didn't fall. Jade gave Aaliyah to Perrie. She knew Perrie could protect her more than she could.

She then made herself comfortable in Jesy's lap. Something felt off about the woman and Leigh-Anne was getting upset with her.

"Jade's scared" Jade pushed herself into Jesy when she made eye contact with the woman. She and Leigh-Anne were still going at it.

"It's her child, I don't know why it's a problem for you when she didn't have a problem with it."

"She's my girlfriend and that's our daughter. So if I say I don't want you touching my baby, don't touch her.  The hell is wrong with you people"

"Babe, come." Jesy sighed. She didn't know if Leigh-Anne was just outspoken or if she was the problem but she was getting into it with everyone since they got here.

"Leigh-Anne."

"What"

"Come here please" Leigh-Anne walked over to her wife standing beside her. Jesy held her hand telling her to relax.

"You can't argue with all of New York, babe. They're probably just interested and curious.

"I know. Sorry. She was just being weird. She was looking at Lee like she was going to take her." Jesy shook her head, she felt like Leigh-Anne was being a little paranoid.

The rest of the ride was uncomfortable for them except for Jade and Aaliyah. Jade held her small hand waving at the people that were staring at her.

"Say hiii" Aaliyah babbled excitedly as she looked around the train car. She's never seen this many people.

-

"Ready to apologize to mommy and daddy?" Jesy asked with a smirk when her card declined.

"I'm not apologizing." Leigh-Anne grumbled pulling out her phone. She could just die from embarrassment. Never in her life has her card declined. This wasn't her life.

"I'm just saying, unless you want your granddaughter to be raised in a hotel then. . . You know.. . . ."

"Leigh-Anne, I think the words you're looking for Is 'I'm sorry' "

"Well, it's not for me. It's for the baby. It's okay if you want us to freeze out here. I have to go now" Leigh-Anne hung up standing outside of Ritz-Carlton hotel.

"Sometimes I forget how spoiled you are. You're such a brat sometimes." Jesy groaned. Leigh-Anne was like a grown ass teenager sometimes.

"Mommy. . ."

"Yes baby"

"Can we go somewhere with little money? Baby is cold" Jade motioned to the sniffling infant, in her jacket.

"I'll see if we can wait inside." Jesy took Jade's hand walking into the luxurious building, Asking the lobby man if they could stay inside until Leigh-Anne figured everything out.

"Ms.Pinnock" a man dressed in uniform came out to get Leigh-Anne

"Yes"

"Come inside please" Leigh-Anne took Perrie's hand and followed the man with their case.

"We'd like to apologize for that. It wasn't your card, it was our machine. Now. It says here that six months have been paid here for the penthouse floor. Is that correct?"

"Yes"

"Okay. We'd like to give you an extra month on us for this mishap."

Jesy shook her head in disbelief, all of this from a little phone call. Last time they came here and she rented her own room it was $950 a night so she didn't want to imagine what her parents in law were paying for the penthouse for six months.

"I got it, thank you." Leigh-Anne declined the offer to be shown to her room. She took the key and they waited for the elevator.

Perrie began to whine anxiously, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"Shhh, it's alright bubba. Stop that" She held Perrie's hand rubbing the back of it. Now that she was affiliated with her parents here she had to maintain their image. It was quite annoying.

Once they got on the elevator Leigh-Anne pulled Perrie into her, kissing her forehead.

"Don't like it!"

"I know. I know." Perrie rubbed her ears under Leigh-Anne's chin.

Aaliyah looked around, taking in her surroundings. She hasn't really been out much in her few months here.

"Please can I hold her Jade?"

"Not yet"

"You said when we got to the hotel" Perrie frowned.

"We're not there yet"

"Yes we are. Please?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"She's cold and if I take her out my jacket she will get sick, right baba?"

"Perrie, you can hold her when we get inside, okay?" Perrie nodded with a frown.

"Thank you for being a big girl, bubba" Jesy kissed her cheek making her crack a smile.

"Hey. . ."

"You're not a good girl because you don't share our baby." Perrie stuck her tongue out at Jade.

"She's mine anyways."

"Hey. None of that. Both of you are her mommies. Come on" Leigh-Anne unlocked the door, letting everyone in.

"Me, me. My turn!!" Perrie took her coat off and threw it down.

"Give me her." Jade sighed and handed Perrie their little one. She hugged Jesy as small whimpers escaped her mouth. Although she was being a little dramatic, she really didn't like to be separated from her baby.

Aaliyah began to cry. Which obviously upset Perrie because she felt like she didn't get to spend much time with her daughter.