~ An Attack on Titan OVA: The Torturous Curse of Adolescence

Not exactly part of the WINGS timeline and story, but after rewatching the OVAs, I wanted to make a fanfic of a couple of its episodes with reimagines of "what if Iris and Leon were there wrecking havoc?". So, I hope you enjoy this couple of AoT/Wings OVAs!

~*~

It was unfair that Jean got to visit his family while in the middle of training and gets to sleep in his own room while the rest were bunked in the barracks. If only their field training were held in Regalado, then Iris would certainly rub it in their faces of getting delicious meals three times a day, and the luxury of a hot bath - even if she had to heat the water for a long time before jumping in. Leon too shares her thoughts about it, he misses his bed and his mom's cooking, and - while he won't admit it - he misses hearing the smell of his father's wood carving. The man would always wake up early and start with his wood carving at the front porch, and Leon would sometimes join him and watch as his father made intricate designs with a knife while listening to his story about his time as a Scout.

It was one of the reasons why he wanted to be a Scout. The stories of adventure, danger, and the idea of seeing the world that was not behind those Walls.

Most of all, if they were to sleep in their own home, they were sure that Commander Shadis would host their training at the Kirsch farm, with Joseph's approval, and they would get a few more hours of sleep before dragging their feet for training. Alas, here they were, dressed in uniform with their backpacks, and dragging their boots across the stone pavement of Trost with still droopy eyes.

Maybe staying up all night and scaling the walls of the barracks as a race wasn't a good idea. But it was worth it since Iris won a Leon's dessert for later's dinner.

"Hey, Leon, come on, you're heavy, man!" Connie whined as the red-head clung to his backpack and used him as a guide to the venue.

"Five more minutes, Mom." Leon yawned.

"Hey, Reiner, help me out over here! Can't you carry his ass?"

Behind him, Reiner already had his hands full. Their comrade was carrying his bag in his hand while giving Iris a piggyback ride. The girl was sound asleep on his shoulder, and was drooling even. "Can't, I have this midget to worry about."

"What the hell did you two do up all night that got you too sleepy to walk?" Connie questioned.

"Now that you mentioned it," Sasha joined their little talk. "I did hear footsteps on the roofs last night."

Armin turned to Leon and then Iris. "Please don't tell me that you both climbed the roof of the barracks."

With her eyes still closed, Iris said, "I won. Leon owes me dessert... it was worth it... and this wouldn't be a problem if..." a yawn "we just had training at Regalado. Joseph has a big ass farm there that we can use for field training."

"Yeah, and Dad would do anything to help out the military," Leon added. "He'll take arms and march with his one leg if they tell him too."

"You mean when Eyebrows tells him to," Iris pointed at him.

"Yeah."

Eyebrows? They all thought. It was expected that the two would have their little inside jokes as Leon and Iris were raised under one roof. According to Leon, his family started fostering Iris when they were young because there wouldn't be anyone to look after her, not after her mother died of an illness and her father became a Scout. Her father still sent money for her daily living, but that was all they knew about the girl's background. And the fact that she was originally from the Underground.