Chapter Thirty-Six

"ADJUST YOUR AIMS! FIRE!"

Numerous cannons fired at a downward angle as the Titan was now near the Wall. Its body was now covered with holes that came from the cannon fire, making a disgusting sight to see. But it showed no sign of stopping, until the latest attack.

"Good, we broke it's flesh –"

An enormous amount of steam came from the Titan, blinding the soldiers with the smoke it was emitting.

"It's too hot!" Connie said.

"What now?" Levi muttered. "The wind must've shifted."

The firing continued –

A sudden shake was felt on the Wall. As the mist cleared, the soldiers saw the Titan's face planted on the surface. The large Titan's hand came out of the smoke, rising above them, and then suddenly falls on the Wall, taking a good grip on it. The Reiss Titan then lifted its body, looming over Orvud District, its face gone, showing the insides of his head, and so was the front part of its body, causing his insides to fall out.

"That's disgusting." Iris said as she watched the Titan's insides fall out and land on the Wall. A sudden splash of water on her head had her attention turn from the Titan and to her father who held the bucket in his hand above her.

"Come on, it's about time." Levi said.

Iris nodded.

Levi then turned to the Garrison Captain, who simply watched as the Reiss Titan held the Wall, its mammoth hands about to break it.

"The Garrison has done its duty. Let the Scouts take it from here." Levi said.

Taking their position, Iris watched as the Titan light came and from it emerged Eren.

~*~

A Few Hours Ago

"So you're saying, to take this Titan down, we're going to stuff gunpowder down its throat, hoping it could destroy the nape of its neck?" Levi said.

"That's right." Erwin said

"With all the heat that the bastard's making, I expect the gunpowder to ignite without a detonator... but all of this is banking on the Titan's mouth wide open."

"An explosion outside its nape may not penetrate. But the flesh inside is much softer, easier to penetrate. But the target might protect that part as its been dragging its face along the ground." Erwin said. "Frankly, we don't even know if there's a mouth to open, that's the gamble this time."

"We have two Titans, they might have a chance in defeating the Reiss Titan" Hange said. "We could have one of them force it to open the Titan's face."

"So I heard." Erwin said, he turned to Iris who seem to be unsure of what the woman was suggesting. "But, unlike Eren, Iris lacks experience. It is best that we leave this to him, knowing that he is more than capable in doing the job. Besides... I believe that Iris is much more useful in her gear."

~*~

"ALL SET COMMANDER!" Armin yelled.

Coming to their positions. Armin and Sasha had the barrels of gunpowder attached to an ODM Gear lined by the Titan's hands.

"On my mark," Erwin raised his flare. "NOW!"

The ODMs were launched, the grappling hooks attached at the Titan's hands. With a press of a button, the barrels were reeled in, and once they reached contact with the Titan's hot surface, it exploded. The Titan shifted in its stand, and lets out a loud cry.