Chapter Thirty-Three

"THIRTY-FIVE IN TOTAL, THEY'RE AT THE UPPER PARTS OF THE PILLARS!"

In the cave under the Reiss chapel, the Scouts engaged in battle with the Control Squad. Levi flew around, hiding behind the smoke that was created by the gunpowder they blew up and the green smoke that the others were firing for their cover.

"CONTINUE THE PLAN, WE'LL TAKE THEM ALL OUT RIGHT HERE!" Levi ordered.

The Levi Squad jumped into battle, all taking cover in the smoke as they killed every Control Squad they could see, attacking from behind taking the opportunity.
Levi have lost count of the throats he slit. He found the woman that followed Kenny around, killing three that were in the way, he was heading for her –

The familiar sound of the old man had Levi turn and hide behind one of the pillars.

"Hey, Levi." Kenny said. "I don't have time to waste on ya, but I just can't let you get any further... and I believe that you don't too... She's a beauty, I gotta say... I guess she got it from her Mom, right?"

Levi froze in Kenny's words. He knew exactly who he was talking about.

"Too bad, she's dead."

No... Levi thought. His hold on his swords tightened, teeth clenched.
Kenny launched himself towards the pillar that Levi hid behind. But when he came to where Levi was, he found the man gone, he looked down and found his nephew a few feet below. Levi then launched his ODM and went after Kenny. His sword clashed with the old man's gun.

"You're a lively one." Kenny said.

When he jumped back, Levi dodged the bullets that Kenny fired his way. He flew after Kenny with rage. But then the old man changed his direction and fired at one of the birdhouse at the Pillars, averting Levi's attention. Levi had to dodge the falling debris. He grabbed a satchel of rum that sat on one of the bird-houses, and threw it at Kenny. And just as he expected, Kenny shot his gun at it. The alcohol content of the satchel caused an explosion, the best diversion. Coming through the flames, Levi came at Kenny and slashed him at eh abdomen. But the man was still alive and was on retreat. As he followed Kenny, he heard the cry of pain, he looked around and saw as Hange be thrown around by one of the Control Squad's ODM, and then came crashing at the Pillars. He watched in horror as Hange fall to the ground, blood gushing from her wound.

"HANGE!"

"NOW! WE'LL REFORM OUR DEFENSE AT OUR FALL BACK GROUP! TIME TO REGROUP!" The woman commanded.

Levi jumped out of the way as a gun was fired. He glared at Kenny, who shot the gun.

"Stay out of our way, you little runt." Kenny said.

Levi followed them to where they retreated, but as he got closer, he saw a huge net covering the entrance. He took cover behind a Pillar, and guns fired. The Control Squad were just ahead of them. The sound of ODM on the move had him snap from his thoughts.

"DON'T!" Levi yelled. "GET BACK!"

Guns were fired, Connie and Mikasa took cover behind the Pillars.

"GET BACK! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!" Levi said. "REGROUP WITH THE OTHERS, WE NEED TO CHECK ON HANGE."

Shit... he thought. They'll blow our head off the moment we come close... how the hell are we gonna get through –

The ground shook violently. Loud footsteps were heard coming their way. Levi, and as well as the others, looked around in panic, knowing what only creature could make such heavy steps.