Chapter Sixty-Eight

"To ensure Eldia's safety, I will be the last Titan! I will be here to protect the Eldians, and Paradis Island from any threat, and if any of you try to disrupt our peace, then I will be forced to wake the remaining Titans in these Walls! Let this be my vow!"

No... this won't end until all the Titans are gone...

Standing in the middle of the battlefield, vulnerable to their enemies, Iris took the risk to show them that they were not the enemies, that they were not monsters. Turning to the Wall Titans standing around them, she took a deep breath, she held out her hand towards the Titans and with a command, steam came from the mammoth Titans, and slowly their bodies started to disappear. Many were confused to why the Titans were disintegrating, while others were alarmed with what was happening. There was shaking around them, and from the distance, everyone saw the Walls slowly shaking, and slowly, they crumbled and fell to the ground.

"THE WALLS!" Connie gasped as he watched the sight of the falling Walls. The Walls that kept them safe for the past hundred years.

~*~

Hange and Joseph watched in horror as the Walls slowly crumbled and fell. While riding in the forest, hiding from the remaining Jaegerists that were in pursuit of Hange and Levi, they wre headed to Wall Trost, where they could find a doctor that could help Levi, but when they were half-way to the Wall, the ground shook violently, and a loud shriek was heard.
Confused to what was happening, Joseph stopped the wagon, and he and Hange looked around to see the problem.

"It's them..." Hange said in a whisper.

It has to be...

"What is it, Hange?" Joseph asked.

"The Rumbling..."

Another wave of violent shaking came, and this time, it made Hange and Joseph hold onto the wagon. The horses were panicking and were raising to their hind legs, the two boys in the wagon held the little girl, protecting her to what was to come, Sofia have paused from stitching Levi's wounds at the sudden shaking, and her child cried in Sarah's arms.

"WE NEED TO MOVE!" Hange yelled. "IT'S THE RUMBLING – AHH!"

The loud sound of mammoth debris crashing to the ground, causing the rumbling, caught Hange's attention, turning to where it came, her eyes widened in horror at the sight. A huge piece of the Wall fell to the ground, deep and large cracks were seen on the surface, and slowly, the Walls fell, and inside, they saw the horrific sight of a Titan carcass slowly disintegrating.

"The Walls..." Joseph gasped. "What's happening?!"

The sound of groaning had Hange turn back to the wagon, and there she saw Sofia holding onto Levi's bandaged hand, the hand that have lost two fingers due to the blast.

"Captain Levi!" Sofia gasped.

"Levi!" Hange went to the wagon.

"HANGE! WAIT, WHAT ABOUT THE WALLS?!" Joseph called out.

Hange went to Levi's side, she cringed at the sight of the man's state, he was far from how she first saw him when Erwin brought him along with Farlan and Isabel from the Underground City. And he was far from how he was five years ago.

"LEVI!"

Incoherent mumblings came from Levi. Hange leaned to Levi, holding onto his shoulders, unintentionally pressing her weight on him.

"COMMANDER HANGE, PLEASE! YOU'RE CRUSHING HIM!" Sofia pushed the woman off of the man.

"LEVI! HE'S SPEAKING! LEVI! LEVI!"