Chapter Thirty-Eight

One Week Later

Closing the books, Miss Margaret hid her things in her bag and sighed as she finally finished her work for the night, and tomorrow, she will proceed with the Queen and her Council to discuss what she has written down.

"I hope that's all you need." Erwin said.

"I believe it is, that is unless Iris hid something from us." Miss Margaret turned to her former student.

Iris stood from her seat and shook her head.

"That's all you need to know." Iris said.

For the past several days, Iris have dedicated her time telling the history of humanity to the Capital Historian, who was Miss Margaret to her surprise, the Queen, and the Commanders of each Military Brigade, it was a total shock for them all to learn such things, and it to know that someone beyond their reach caused the destruction of Wall Maria had them paranoid.
But unlike the others days, the only ones at the session were Commander Erwin, Commander Pyxis, Commander Nile and Miss Margaret, as the Queen, and the other members of the Council were busy with Historia's order that had them all reaching the ends of the Walls and the Underground.

"Teacher." Iris began. "If there are things you still need to clarify, the Reed Estate is here for your use."

"That would be a huge help, thank you, Iris." Miss Margaret said. The woman looked around the room, it was Lord Randal Reed's old office, and where he kept scroll of humanity's history. She turned to Iris, about to ask her something, but noticed that she was in a middle of a conversation with Pyxis and Erwin, so she took a step back and waited.

"To think humanity's history was just under our nose." Pyxis said.

"For a century, the Reed family kept this secret under plain sight..." Erwin agreed. "I must say I'm impressed.

"Are there words about my uncle?" Iris asked.

"The Military Police are still on their man-hunt, and the Garrison are keeping on watch on the Walls." Nile said. "But we still have not found any traces of Julius Reed."

"If what you say is true," Erwin began. "That Julius Reed is a Titan –"

"He is." Iris said. "On that mission to save Eren from Reiner – the Armored Titan and the Colossal Titan, when we were both surrounded by Titans, Julius Reed took out a knife and was about to cut his hand... I didn't understand then, but now..."

"The Military Police are having their rounds in the streets." Nile spoke. "We will capture him."

"There is no need to worry, Princess." Pyxis said.

"I'm not a princess, Commander Pyxis." Iris said.

"Unfortunately, you are." Pyxis said, smiling. "As the niece of the Queen, and the only direct relative, you are considered a Princess."

Iris sighed. And Margaret smiled at Iris' reaction to the old man's words.
Not long, Pyxis and Nile requested to leave for the night, and with Iris' approval, they left the Reed Estate and went back to the barracks.

"I'll wait for you at the carriage." Erwin said. "We shall return to Headquarters and meet with Levi and the others."

Iris nodded.

"Yes, Commander."

Iris did her salute and after Erwin rendered it, he left with a Scout at tow. Once he was gone, Margaret spoke.

"I'm amazed."

"With what?" Iris asked.

"You hold a powerful role as a Princess, yet you still respect your Commander."