Chapter Nineteen

Just as she and the others got back to the fray, Iris kept her best to keep Leon from falling as she commanded her horse with its reigns. A signal was fired.

"Green smoke?" Armin said. "We're still moving forward?!"

"What the hell is the Commander thinking?!" Iris said.

"Any one of us can call this mission failed, why isn't any body doing that?" Reiner said. "Is the Command Squad too far ahead to see their signals?"

"Possibly, but I think our course is clear, soon Command's got this." Armin said and fired the green flare.

~*~

Smoke signals... green...

"Oluo! Send the signal!" Levi said.

"With pleasure, Sir!" Oluo said and fired the green signal.

"REPORTING SIR!" A Scout came beside Levi. "A MESSAGE! IT APPEARS THAT THE RIGHT-WING SPOTTERS HAVE BEEN WIPED OUT!"

What?! Levi thought.

"THE EARLY NET WORK HAS BEEN COMPROMISED, ONE OF YOU HAS TO RELAY THE MESSAGE DOWN THE LINE!"

This is bad...

Levi turned behind him, to Petra.

"Petra, you heard the man." Levi said.

"SIR!" Petra said and left to relay the message.

The right wing?! Eren said. That's where Armin is!

"—WHAT ABOUT THE CADETS?!" Levi asked.

"Sir..." The Scout said, completely confused.

"What is their current state?!" Levi asked.

"They're moving forward, but I'm not sure if..."

Iris...

~*~

They were told to move around the forest. Iris was pissed to what was happening. It didn't make any sense to what was happening, and what even pissed her off was when the very officers that told them to move around the forest looked as if they had no clue to what was happening either. Not long they were asked to mound their horses and then stand guard around the forest. Leon was taken by one of the Supply Team, letting him rest, the young man had a bad shoulder and he didn't even complain during the rough ride.

Standing on top of the tree trunks, Iris stood her ground, her blades drawn, questioning everything that was happening.

"Do you believe this bullshit?" Jean said. "Am I the only one that wonders what happened to the whole logistics base? Or why we didn't go galloping home after the Female Titan showed up? Or why are we suddenly playing bird house! Oh, I know the last one, no Titans around in the Center Ranks Nature Retreat! Fool, he's got no idea what's going on..."

"He'll hear you." Armin hushed him.

"Oh, please, horse-face isn't the only one suspicious about this." Iris said as she sat down on the tree, her blades in its holder.

"Hey, get up!" Armin said. "They might –"

"Doubt he'd do anything about it." Iris said. "Besides, why should I follow someone who doesn't have a clue to what's going on..."

"Tell me, Armin," Jean began. "Do you agree with this strategy or this is just a bunch crap? Because you look someone that knows something that we don't."

"FIVE METER TITAN APPROACHING!"

Turning, Iris, Jean and Armin saw the Titan – an Abnormal – coming their way.