Itterasshai

Here is a one-shot chapter inspired by the The Final Season Ending with the song Itterasshai. I thought it was only best to give Levi a proper ending where he gets to be with his family. It's a way for Petra and Eren Arlert to move on and take the next step into their lives without the constant reminder of their mother, which Levi was to them. This also gives the remaining members of the Ackerman-Arlert family a new beginning.

And for Levi, he gets to live the dream he always had for his family, and the one he sought for when he took the job to kill Erwin in No Regrets.

~*~

	It happened again, but this time Levi was lucky that Sofia was dropping by to visit him for his daily checkup when he collapsed on the ground, his body rejecting any command his brain was telling them, and his heart felt like it was about to explode

It happened again, but this time Levi was lucky that Sofia was dropping by to visit him for his daily checkup when he collapsed on the ground, his body rejecting any command his brain was telling them, and his heart felt like it was about to explode. He remembered waking that morning with his body feeling heavy, his heart beating irregularly, he knew that Sofia would come to visit to check his health so he decided to wait for her in bed and try to calm his irregular heartbeat. 

Thirty-seconds passed, then a minute, and his heart only got worse. It was only a sense of panic, he told himself. Something wasn't right when he woke up and he was starting to panic, which was new because he rarely panicked. He was a soldier for crying out loud! He’s faced death so many times, he's done the impossible when he faced the Beast Titan and the hoard the bastard sent him. He even survived a thunderspear explosion.

But now, as he looked at the two three photographs that were on his bedside – the portrait of Maria that he tore from the book, the photo of Iris, and the family photo of his family, seeing the smiling face of his granddaughter, Petra, reminded him of the seminar she was going to have at the local university. Then there was Eren who had another flight-training with the other pilots, he can't miss that too. He can't miss anything, not anymore. He had no reason to miss them growing up.

The pain shot through his body like an electric current that just had him dropping on the ground. Maybe it was the sound of him falling, or the sound of him dragging the bedside table down with him that had the door bursting and Sofia and Hange came in panic.

“Captain Levi!” Sofia ran to his side with her stethoscope and listened to his heart. 

“Hey, Levi!” Hange went beside him and tried to get him to sit up. The last Levi remembered before everything turned dark was Hange ordering one of the keepers of the inn he lives in to call for Commander Armin Arlert, and then the figure of a woman with red hair sitting beside him and holding his hand.

Maria, he wanted to call for her name but he couldn't move his lips. The pain was so immense he couldn't move anything.

~*~

Petra was giving a seminar at a university as a guest speaker about the continuous transformation of technology, and how they could improve the new ones based on the studies she and the other engineer she's encountered from Marley and Hizuru when she went on a business trip to the countries to study.  She was ecstatic when she was given the chance to give the lecture, and even more when Levi told her that he would be there to attend the talk. But she should have known that something was wrong when Rhys approached the podium and whispered to her ear the horrific news.