CHRISTMAS SPECIAL [PART TWO]

PART TWO OF THREE OF MY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL FOR WINGS!

Part Three will follow shortly, but for now, enjoy!

_____________________

A CHANCE

Part Two

December 22nd

Iris woke up around seven in the morning. She yawned and stretched when she got up from bed, she then proceeded out of her room to greet her father, who she believed took the day off to look after her – the smell of pancakes and bacon caught her attention. Raising a brow at the odd homey aroma in the apartment, Iris went to investigate because Levi wasn't one for home-cooked meals made with a whole heart. When she got to the kitchen, she was greeted by the sight of a tall man with blond hair, he wore a shirt and a pair of jeans and as well a pink apron that had a messily painted words that said "Best Uncle!" with the "c" and "e" written backwards.

"Good morning, kiddo." Mike greeted with a small smile. "Hope you don't mind, but I made myself at home here... I thought since you're suspended... why don't we make the best of today." Mike placed the plate of bacon on the table and then poured a glass of milk for the child. "Dig in, there's enough for the whole complex –"

To his surprise Iris wrapped her arms around his waist. She buried her face on his clothes and her hold on him tightened. He was about to pat her head, just like before, until he heard a sob from the girl. Mike wrapped his arms around Iris and lets her cry, they didn't move until Iris finally stopped.

~*~

Levi sighed as he finished another report of an arrest he made yesterday. He just finished packing up the case files and finally have it placed in the archives room. He checked his wrist watch, it was already eleven. It was time to call Mike to check up on them.

"Levi!"

An older man came to Levi's desk, he was around his mid-thirties. An officer with in the force. Officer Joseph Kirsch, Leon's father.

"Joseph." Levi greeted.

"I heard about Iris yesterday, how is she? And who's looking after her?" Joseph asked.

"She's fine... and Mike's looking after her." Levi replied.

"Mike, huh..."

"Well, better him than Shitty-Glasses, the last thing I need is coming home with the place blown up."

Just on cue, Hange came running across the station with another finding with the case she was handling. Joseph laughed heartedly, but then his laughter stopped when he remembered what his son told him last night. Something that the Principal completely forgot when he called on Levi.

"Levi, about Iris' suspension." Joseph sighed.

"Don't worry about it... she's –"

"No, listen, kid... there's something that Leon told me that that prick Principal left out."

~*~

Iris and Mike spent their day playing video games, volleyball (at the court inside the vicinity), and just spent the day having fun, and now that they have nothing to do (and it was just 3:30PM) Mike insisted that they do her homework together. They were in the middle of Iris' History homework and Mike could see that she was having a hard time with it, so he was teaching her a thing or two of history as they went on. After finishing the last sentence of her essay, Iris sighed in relief and laid back on her bed. Mike chuckled at her actions and went to read the girl's essay. It needed a bit more work, but it was enough for her to pass the subject.