chapter 6

"That food was amazing! Great choice, Morrom!" Eisen exclaimed after finishing his dinner and leaned back in his chair, looking over at Morrom across the table. It's been a while since he's had food this good, even though he had no idea what he even ordered since he left that up to Morrom.

The Dwarf-Elf Magician nods in agreement and crosses his arms smugly. "I know, it's amazing, isn't it? They have the best food in town!"

"Do they? Then it's good that I'm staying here for a while haha!" Eisen laughed loudly and rubbed his stomach in delight, calling over the Waitress to pay. After giving her a generous tip, Morrom and Eisen stood up and decided to head for the bar. On their way, Eisen curiously turned to his younger friend.

"Say, lad, what actually was that meat? Was it a type of poultry?" He asked curious of the source of this delicious white meat he had never tasted before, and Morrom shook his head with a laugh. "No, no, Eisen, that was Ankheg meat. They don't usually have nests around mountainous areas, but since we're at the edge of the Mountain range, we can get it easier than other Towns in the area."

"I see. Well, either way, it tasted amazing, so good choice." Patting Morrom on his back, Eisen sat down on one of the Bar Stools, quickly ordering Beer for him and Morrom when the Bartender, who was coincidentally also the Innkeeper, came around.

After receiving the jugs, he took out his leather bag and paid him a copper coin, the money in the bag clinking around, the sound of which seemingly attracting a cat that was lying on the floor near the bar just a few seconds before.

"Oh hello there, little cat! How are you~?" Noticing the yellow-furred cat that just jumped onto the barstool next to him, eyeing the leather bag, Eisen extended a hand to pat the small animal with a big smile on his face. Reacting to this heartwarming scene, Morrom chuckled slightly before taking a big sip from his beer.

Shortly afterward, Eisen noticed that the cat was looking at his leather bag, and decided to confirm it by moving it around. Since the cat was following the bag with its eyes, he decided to take out one of the copper coins and placed it on top of the counter. Immediately, the cat jumped up and looked at the coin, then back at Eisen, as if suspicious about something.

But a few seconds afterward it didn't seem to care since it started to play around with the coin a bit.

The Innkeeper noticed that the cat was sitting on the counter next to Morrom and Eisen and sighed.

"Oi, Cat, stop bothering our customers will ya?" The Red-Haired Dwarf laughed out, and the Cat lifted its head before laying back down with its face directly on the coin.

Eisen turned to the Innkeeper and asked, "Ah, is that your cat?"

He nodded apologetically, "I hope he didn't annoy ya. And not really, I guess he doesn't belong to anyone, really. Just started appearing in front of the door a few years ago for a few days at a time, but disappears about one or two months in between. The odd son of a bitch annoyed me a bit at first, but I guess he ain't so bad after all." The Innkeeper smiled softly, even though the cat hisses at him for a second after he called it a son of a bitch.

After that, the Innkeeper went back to serve other clients, leaving Morrom, Eisen and the Cat alone.

Taking the time to maybe improve on the Skill by leveling it up, Eisen used Appraisal on random things and people around him while only paying attention to it half-mindedly so he could still talk to

[Dwarf-Elf Halfling]

[Jug]

[Dwarf]

[Plate]