chapter 56

After they had finished off this first group in the last area of the goblin town, they directly moved on to the next after looting whatever they needed to from the Goblin corpses.

This time around, Eisen wouldn't try the same type of attack if there was a Goblin commande since the risk involved was simply far too much. Not only was it a waste of time or pills to replenish all the health that he would lose, but if Eisen was ever going to miss a commander or if it was able to dodge, Eisen would basically be completely done for and be nearly instantly killed by the whole group of Goblins the moment that he would hit the ground.

It was a good chance to try it out at least once, but it wasn't a good idea to continue this in the long run, so they chose a different tactic from then on.

Whenever they met a group of Goblins with a commander as its leader, they would try and distract some of the regular goblins so that they would investigate and one side of the Commander was exposed, after which Yamikuma with Jyuuk on his back would run toward him. Before they reached that spot, Jyuuk would jump forward and use either the force or explosion cap, this always depended on what types the other goblins were, to attack the feet of the commander, leaving all of the goblins to stagger, which gave Yamikuma enough time to push away the most threatening goblins to a good distance.

After that, Eisen, Bree, and Aotori would follow. Bree and Aotori both would attack the physically weakest goblin together, while Eisen helped Jyuuk out to kill the commander as quickly as possible.

Once they managed this, the other goblins would feel their moment of weakness approach, giving the group the chance to finish all of the goblins off.

They did this for about an hour until Yamikuma actually evolved! He reached the peak of Rank 2 quite a while ago already, but according to Jyuuk, there were some kinds of requirements for the darkness bear to evolve. What those requirements were wasn't actually mentioned, but Jyuuk said that he figured it was simply about killing a certain amount of monsters, as that was the simplest reason for now.

And not only Yamikuma evolved, but something else happened as well! Aotori's chicks grew up enough to participate in combat, and shortly afterward, Aotori evolved into a Frozen-Eagle! She grew slightly in size, and her feathers changed from somewhat translucent in some areas and glittering like ice, all the way to being made of an ice-like substance that was cold to the touch, but apparently couldn't melt, at least not in these temperatures.

But most importantly, as Tsurishika didn't need to protect and take care of the chicks anymore, the five young eagles, as well as the stag, were able to do a little bit in combat. It was a mostly simple distraction, but this was already enough to give them a little bit of experience for their efforts!

This would hopefully be enough to have them evolve soon enough and let them attack. It didn't matter too much to Eisen, though, since this was probably going to be long after Jyuuk and Eisen split up again.

After all, the way that Eisen and Jyuuk would play in the future was largely different. Eisen would probably stop fighting in large amounts like this and spend some time simply crafting, while Jyuuk seemed to be the type of person that would prefer a combat-related playstyle.

And Eisen also didn't want to bring Jyuuk to the place the mysterious cat told him about to finish the quest since Eisen didn't know what would happen if he just brought someone with him. He and Bree decided together that she also wouldn't come. Again, just in case. Eisen didn't know what kind of creature that cat actually was, and didn't want to risk anything.

Either way, for now, with the help of these other six beasts that would help distract the goblins, it was possible for the group to advance even faster.