chapter 35

Eisen grabbed the piece of wood in front of him and filled the whole object out with his mana. And just as Morrom instructed, so that he could soften it, Eisen changed his Mana into a liquid state and thought for the piece of wood to react.

After a few seconds, Eisen noticed that the wood lost its hardness and shape, and slowly sagged down into a blob. It truly felt very weird. It's outer texture still felt like wood, but it gave in to Eisen's touch as Jelly or Slime would.

Eisen grabbed two sides of the weird wood-jelly and pulled it apart, playing around with it in his hands to properly feel it, as it was completely new material to what he was used to. This way, it would be far easier to form materials into a certain shape. The only down part of this was that it drained a lot of Mana from him, as just softening this small piece of wood took two-thirds of his whole Mana.Please visit 𝑓r𝙚ew𝚎𝚋𝐧૦ѵ𝗲𝘭. c𝘰m

Morrom looked over Eisen's shoulder and nodded approvingly. "Good! That worked fairly quickly. But you don't have a lot of mana left, right? Bree, can you give him some again?" He asked, and the Fey-kin nodded with a bright smile.

"Yup~! I'll do that~!" She replied happily and began to put her mana into Eisen, who gratefully accepted it.

"Thanks, Bree." He smiled gently and then returned back to his experimentation. Eisen pushed more of his mana out of his hands and filled out the wooden-slime with it, and then turned it into its solid state. Slowly, the blob of wood turned hard again, keeping its new shape but regaining its solidity.

As he was now holding this rounded piece of wood, he got an idea and wanted to test something out. Once again, Eisen softened the wood as far as he could, and then pulled his mana out and returning it to its raw, energy-like state.

Out of that mana, Eisen formed a hollow sphere and placed it around the wood, slowly trying to transmute the softened wood into a sphere, and tried to keep it in that shape while he pushed solid mana into the wood, hardening it.

After Eisen was sure that the sphere was solid again, he pulled out his Mana and looked at the perfectly round wooden sphere.

Morrom laughed at the sight of that and nodded his head. "Alright, you've already figured that out, huh? The easier something is to naturally form, the easier it is to transmute. I wanted to see if you can find that out for yourself, and you did! Great! Now, I think the best way to level and practice transmutation is really to just work with all those potions. Hardening them and turning them into perfect spheres should be easy enough, right?"

"I see, thanks! I'll do that, then. Any tips you can give me?" Eisen asked, and Morrom looked up in thought for a few seconds.

"Oh, just take it slow, if you don't manage to do something right away, then try again. You can't ruin the potion through transmutation, so you have infinite tries."

"Got it, thanks." Eisen smiled and looked over at the Jellies and Mists that Eisen made a little bit ago. "Actually, can I also turn those things into pills?"

Morrom looked at them as well and nodded. "Well, yeah? Kind of. You can turn them into pills, but they won't work like they're supposed to. For example, let's take the mist. If you turn it into a pill, the requirement to activate the effect stays the same, meaning you have to breathe it in. You can't breathe in a pill, right? Same with the Jellies. You can absorb a semi-solid, but not a full solid. It makes them easier to store, so I guess it wouldn't hurt?" The Elf-Dwarf explained, and Eisen nodded.

"Makes sense, thanks. I'll get to work, then." Eisen nodded and took out one of the glass bottles.

He pulled out the cork and pushed some of his mana inside, turning it solid where the Health Potion is, and when he sees that it's slowly becoming slime-like, poured it onto his hand. He pulled out his mana and formed it into a sphere around the potion, pushing it into the shape of a small sphere the size of a cherry tomato.